Engine revs on its own after tummy tuck

Jamesval035

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just finished installing a ultra hi UCF skid plate and JB sssye, haven’t received the rear DS via mail yet.

Problem is..I decided to take it out of the garage around the block in 4hi, but when I placed it into reverse the engine revs on its own. First gear seems to be ok and when I get into 2-5th gear it revs up, although not has hi as when I put it in R. It’s almost like the throttle gets stuck open. I’m 99% sure I put my TC back together correctly. Before I really get into it tomorrow, I figured I’d post it and see if anyone has had similar issues or maybe have an inclining of where to start when I get into it tomorrow. Thanks gents.

Mine does that intermittently due to my hand throttle. Make sure it’s not engaging and then tap the accelerator and see if the rpm’s don’t drop.

I suspect something is with the cable and I plan to investigate and replace accordingly

Went to check the cable leading to the throttle, it’s def tight in first gear. I’m going to try and give it some slack or rezip tie it to give it some length

Reactions: SvtLdr