Engine swap '98 Sport to '99 Sport?

WyattCrafty1

Hey everyone! I just picked up a '98, I6 5spd, and it turned out to have a pretty screwed frame. I was wondering, if I were to buy a '99, found one for cheap with a blown motor, would the engine just bolt right up and plug in? Both have the same engine and transmission, was just checking to make sure no electronic stuff would be a problem. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I just picked up a '98, I6 5spd, and it turned out to have a pretty screwed frame. I was wondering, if I were to buy a '99, found one for cheap with a blown motor, would the engine just bolt right up and plug in? Both have the same engine and transmission, was just checking to make sure no electronic stuff would be a problem. Thanks!

1997-1999 should be plug n play since 2000 went to coil pack and there would probably be differences

1997-1999 should be plug n play since 2000 went to coil pack and there would probably be differences

Thanks! One More thing, would I need a lift to run 32x11.5s? The one I have here already has them, and I don't know if the one I'm getting has a lift. Thanks so much again, sorry for the dumb questions. First Jeep, rookie stuff. You know lol

I had cross-checked the engine thing with a compatibility chart on another forum, just figured I'd check here and make sure. You both said it's good, so it should be good.