Engine won't turn crank

Black Sheep Jeep

Hi TJ-ers,

I have a 2006 4.0L straight 6, manual tranny. Parked the car, went to start it up...no crank. Everthing else works! I have a new starter, new actuator pin and ignition switch, new upper stream O2 sensor, new crankshaft sensor, changed out all the relays under the hood, and cheched all the fuses...still no crank. Battery charge is 12v. Checked power from ignition to relay- good. Starter relay to starter-cranked. Couldn't figure it out. Bypassed the ground from the starter relay it turned over. ???? Is it my ground from somewhere? Is it the ground in the pcm? If anyonr has suggestions, thanks in advance.

Charge the battery to full and then perform a bona fide load test. A voltage test does not tell you anything. Check the connections for tightness and make sure the contacts are clean. Your ground goes to your block and firewall. You are in the rust belt, always suspect corrosion on contacts. Always suspect the battery.

Like it has a kill switch? Everything lights up, turn the key and just nothing?

I've had this recently intermittently, even rolled it to start and wouldn't. I was HOT (not just because it's 104+ in Texas) and slammed down the clutch, and bam she started.

I've been looking, and I'm thinking mine is the Clutch Safety Switch. Not all bad, just starting to go intermittent and I'm going to need to change. It connects back of the clutch pedal. Might be that, I bet you can test it by bypassing it, and seeing if it cranks.

Charge the battery to full and then perform a bona fide load test. A voltage test does not tell you anything. Check the connections for tightness and make sure the contacts are clean. Your ground goes to your block and firewall. You are in the rust belt, always suspect corrosion on contacts. Always suspect the battery.
Flivver 250, thank you. I think im going to by a new battery (other one was from previous owner) and clean all the contacts. I'll keep you posted.

So, after changing both o2 sensors, crank shaft sensor, new diehard platinum & relays, my brother uses a jumper wire in the clutch position sensor connector and she started. I replaced the gizmo with a new clutch position sensor. She ran smooth for 3 days. Today I'm driving along and she loses power. Had it towed back to the house and noticed fuse # 12 popped. I believe there is a short, i just don't know where??? Now it pops in the on position. Clusters and guages come on but no crank???? Any one know where the pink/white wire goes to from fuse #12?