Enthusiastic new jeep owner in N. Texas

Baird

First jeep. Have been lurking around this forum for about six months now. I purchased the jeep around eight months ago to use as a hunting buggy. I was going to spray bomb a camo paint job on it and set it up for a strictly hunting buggy. Well a few things have changed already, the color has grown on me, I really like the color now. I don’t care if the a-holes at work call it Barney. I think that is what I’m going to name it. Haha. At 6’1” 250#s it is a tight fit with the full doors. I really hope I can find some half doors for it. I like driving it around town and some of the places I hunt are over forty miles away. Which has led me to the decision of scrapping the junky lift that is on it and buying a quality lift kit and shocks. Upgrading steering components. I can definitely see how this will get expensive fast. Anyways, I’m rambling. Glad to be here and finally make my presence known.

C3D4D27B-74B7-4759-8C9D-1CFFB1E1C479.jpeg
9CE8BB5E-C947-44AF-9C0D-3A78BF3CEC77.jpeg

Barney? No way, I LOVE that color, especially with the tan top! It will look even better with half doors and no top!

These things do get expensive fast, that's for sure. But, it's so worth it if you ask me.

Welcome out of the shadows by the way, glad to have you on board!

First jeep. Anyways, I’m rambling. Glad to be here and finally make my presence known.

No you're not rambling, you are just showing off :) (nice rig by the way).

I like the color. If they don't like it, you are 6'-1" 250# they should be scared he-he.

Welcome aboard my man !!!

I thought Barney was purple...maybe their colour blind at work haha...rare colours are always a great find and oh yeah welcome to the forum. Let the Mecano for adults begin hehe

I just want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I grew up racing dirt bikes and everybody would help you any way they could if you had an issue. During a race was a different story, they would use you as traction if needed to. Since I purchased my jeep I have noticed a similar trait in jeepers, minus the traction thing. Hahaha

Reactions: Squatch