Error codes P0700 and P0516

invmgmt

Ok, so I travel back and forth from Chicago area to So Cal. The Jeep (2005 LJ) is in Chicago land. Typically,I leave the Jeep in the garage and take an Uber to the bus shuttle to O’Hare. Last time! Snowing and no Uber available. Had to drive to station and leave Jeep in freezing parking lot where temps were below freezing. Mention that in case it has a bearing on problem/solution.

When I returned, got an error code p0302 and 0516. Misfire in cylinder 2 and battery temp. Replaced plug in #2, but still ran rough (light went away). Replaced all 6 plugs with double tip platinum (planning on it anyway, just wanted to see is #2 would solve light). Then I got a terrible knock in cylinder 5 or 6. When I drove to work, CEL came back on with p0700 and p0516.

Any suggestions from those of you with a plenitude of knowledge?

Ok, so I travel back and forth from Chicago area to So Cal. The Jeep (2005 LJ) is in Chicago land. Typically,I leave the Jeep in the garage and take an Uber to the bus shuttle to O’Hare. Last time! Snowing and no Uber available. Had to drive to station and leave Jeep in freezing parking lot where temps were below freezing. Mention that in case it has a bearing on problem/solution.

When I returned, got an error code p0302 and 0516. Misfire in cylinder 2 and battery temp. Replaced plug in #2, but still ran rough (light went away). Replaced all 6 plugs with double tip platinum (planning on it anyway, just wanted to see is #2 would solve light). Then I got a terrible knock in cylinder 5 or 6. When I drove to work, CEL came back on with p0700 and p0516.

Any suggestions from those of you with a plenitude of knowledge?
P0700 is set when the PCM detects a malfunction in the transmission control system. This malfunction causes the vehicle to set a Check Engine Light and trigger a failsafe mode. Once the failsafe mode is set it will remain until the fault is repaired or normal operation is detected.

Both problems could be caused by exposure to the extremely cold temperatures.
Check to see if ice somehow accumulated beneath the battery causing the P0516.
What is the battery voltage when the engine is running ?
Suggest to check the fourth 32 pin harness connector for oxidation and it is securely attached to the vehicles computer on the passengers side firewall. Move the vehicle to a warmer area such as your garage to see if the codes reset.

What is the battery voltage when the engine is running ?
Battery reading is in the normal range, nothing out of the ordinary. I removed battery and checked the BTS wiring...didn't see anything concerning. I will check the resistance in the sensor tomorrow, maybe it's bad.

Still getting reading p0302. Went away for a couple days after I changed spark plugs and cleaned coil bar, then came back.

UPDATE:
So here is where it stands; the p0700 went away after i removed and regapped the plugs and reinstalled the coil bar. However, the original error codes, p0302 and p0516, came back. I replaced the BTS but p0516 came back.
Is it possible that the two (302 & 516) are tied to the same or serial issue? Again, Jeep was running great before it spent 10 days outside, then it went downhill.