Evap canister vacuum line broke

Tycarver

TJ Enthusiast
I was working on changing my exhaust manifold on my 98 and the (I believe evap canister) vacuume line that runs under the Jeep was very brittle and broke I can seem to find a replacement anywhere am I able to just use line from an auto parts store or what do I need? Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had a broken vacuum line on my wife's friend's car. I put some heat shrink tubing over the break and shrunk it down. Worked a treat. She noticed the engine performance change. Wouldn't have tried it in my car, but it seems to work.
From the photo, looks like it broke in one place and a good crack just below that. I'm sure the heat shrink would work on the crack, but I don't know about the break being at the curve like that. Worth a try. That stuff is cheap.
Good luck.

Hey, I'm not sure exactly which line that is, as I'm not as smart as the others on this forum, but there are vapor and fuel lines on the website below. I usually go here and find the part number. Then search for a cheaper source for the part. If you can't find it elsewhere, these guys are pretty good. Shipping is a little expensive and it takes a couple days to ship.
https://www.buymoparpartsnow.com/v-2002-jeep-wrangler--sport--4-0l-l6-gas

Reactions: Tycarver
There is nothing special with the vacuum lines. if it's hose then take it to an auto parts store and match it up, if it's the steel line then you can substitute 3/16 brake line which is easy to bend by hand.

Reactions: Tycarver