EVAP Code

rhauseriii

My Jeep has been displaying an EVAP Engine code P0456. The engine light appears once i reach roughly 3/4 tank of fuel and then goes away once I reach the reserves. I have read other forums regarding this code but none of them specified when it turns on and off. Is this a sign of a specific fix?

I have already replaced my gas cap with a new OEM cap and have inspected all of my lines.

The EVAP code should not come and go unless you reset it. They system wont check it unless you have between roughly the fuel levels you stated but the light shouldn't go out unless you reset it. If it is turning on and off without a reset you might have a computer or wiring issue somewhere.

Reactions: tr21triton
I'm having the P0456 code issue as well with my 2005 TJ sport. Had 2 P0456 codes (one permanent, one normal) before changing the LDP. The permanent code has cleared automatically, but the normal code remains and cannot be erased. I think the LDP replacement was the trick...

Does anyone know how long it takes for that normal P0456 code to clear? Number of starts? Empty tank?

Any help is appreciated.