EVAP Purge Valve Parts Hoses Part Number?

Rick2004LJ

TJ Enthusiast
Need to replace some parts associated with what I think is the EVAP Purge Valve. Need rubber hoses and connections to intake. Anyone have part numbers or schematic showing part names for this system? Best place to purchase? TIA

Intake conection
EVAP Purge Valve Connector to intake.jpg

EVAP Purge Valve?
EVAP Purge Valve.jpg

Bump - still looking for a little guidance.

BTW - Jeep is 2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ) - Have heard the TJ's starting in 2003 had the EVAP canister etc. moved to the back near gas tank - but my LJ has canister/Purge Valve etc. all under the hood on drivers side like previous year TJ's.

While we are at it - How often does that EVAP Canister Purge Valve fail - should i replace it while I am at it? How about the actual Vapor Canister?

Last edited:
as far as i am aware, those rubber elbow fittings attached to the barbs on the intake are not sold individually by the dealer. they will only sell it in a assembly which equates to stupid expensive.

dorman has universal elbow kits sold at nearly any auto parts store for about $5.

in the jeep resources page on this site you can download a pdf file of factory part numbers and detailed images
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/

Reactions: John Scoggins
I tried as many elbows as I could find. None were the same as oem. The issue is for the really tiny barb on the intake. I ended up getting one to seal with a hose clamp but it will fail sooner than later. The problem is the barb on the intake is significantly smaller than the plastic hose that attaches to the elbow.

If you ever take the intake off you can drill straight through the tiny barb, tap the intake for pipe threads, and install a brass fitting to use any of the readily available elbows.

Per Blaines recommendation, I replaced mine with 5/16” or 8mm ID SILICONE vacuum hose. It doesn’t kink and can stretch over a number of different sized barbs.

One of the fittings on my intake was a pinch too small for it, but I cut out a small piece of thinner vacuum hose, slipped it over the barb, and put the 5/16” over that. It works great and can replace any of those elbows.

Reactions: Schwifty Rich