Everglades airboat tour

bucky

Old Fart
Supporting Member
Can any of you South Floridians recommend a good Everglades airboat tour? I’m looking for a tour for $100pp or less for March 3. I’ve been looking online but there are dozens and it is hard to read through the noise. Some just run through their on property or down canals with trees on either side. I want a smaller boat, be able to see the open country and to go fast
We are getting off a Panama Canal cruise in Ft Lauderdale and spending the day in south Florida before driving up to St Augustine and then along the Gulf Coast back to Ca. Any tips for stops along the way would be appreciated.

No desire to go to New Orleans again, been there done that. We are planning to stay in other parts of southern Louisiana for 2 nights though and yes sampling local Southern food is my chief reason to drive back along the coast. A stop at the Tabasco factory is a must for me. Also planning 2 nights in Las Cruses for some New Mexican food also. We have 9 days for the trip before we have to turn in the rental car.

Reactions: Apparition
No desire to go to New Orleans again, been there done that. We are planning to stay in other parts of southern Louisiana for 2 nights though and yes sampling local Southern food is my chief reason to drive back along the coast. A stop at the Tabasco factory is a must for me. Also planning 2 nights in Las Cruses for some New Mexican food also. We have 9 days for the trip before we have to turn in the rental car.

You're pretty much driving through if heading to Avery island. I'd still hit up Drago's in Metairie for their chargrilled oysters.

I looked up Dragos and they are on my list. Those oysters look good. Also I believe gulf shrimp season starts in March. I plan on eating lots of seafood on the trip. Between the 15 day cruise and 9 day road trip I’m going to pick up some weight.

I looked up Dragos and they are on my list. Those oysters look good. Also I believe gulf shrimp season starts in March. I plan on eating lots of seafood on the trip. Between the 15 day cruise and 9 day road trip I’m going to pick up some weight.

Flying to New Orleans for a food trip end of March myself.

The smaller boats are along US 41. The Miccosukee tribe used to have the smaller boats. They will run "trails" through the sawgrass, as not to flatten everything. I was north of there a few weeks ago, the water is very low. I'll ask around to see who does what amymore.

Wife and I drove through the 'glades a couple/three years ago. We were going to do an airboat tour, but it was the wrong time of the year - mosquitos! Got eaten alive at a rest area - 10 bites in 2 minutes. We got the hell out. We did one last year in the Crystal River area - better time of year I guess, no mosquitos. Airboat was powered by an LS.

• USA Proud
Thanks for the info. We get our rental car at 11am at FLL and plan on just driving down to the glades for the afternoon and see what we find. We only have a few hours before we have to get back to Fort Lauderdale to meet friends for dinner. Looks like a 1.5 hour trip to the glades from Fort Lauderdale. We have booked a swamp tour in La later on on our trip. I believe Gulf shrimp season starts in March and I plan on eating shrimp alot.

Thanks for the info. We get our rental car at 11am at FLL and plan on just driving down to the glades for the afternoon and see what we find. We only have a few hours before we have to get back to Fort Lauderdale to meet friends for dinner. Looks like a 1.5 hour trip to the glades from Fort Lauderdale. We have booked a swamp tour in La later on on our trip. I believe Gulf shrimp season starts in March and I plan on eating shrimp alot.

Where’d you book in LA? May do one there end of March.