Exhaust suggestions for ARH headers

Crashmymax

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am installing american racing headers on my 99 tj 4.0. Any suggestions on a good system from headers back? No cats.
Also this is forced induction so I will be going 3" pipe. Thanks

There is no good system that is going to bolt to that, period.

If you want to do it right, you need to have an exhaust shop build you a custom setup that tapers from 3" down to about 2.25". I don't think you'll be able to run a 3" pipe all the way back without running into issues when articulating the suspension.

@mrblaine will likely have some firsthand info on this when he installs my ARH headers, but like I said, I doubt you can get any system to bolt to these and work well.

Besides, why would you spend $500 plus on a system when you could have an exhaust shop build you something for a few hundred?

Besides, why would you spend $500 plus on a system when you could have an exhaust shop build you something for a few hundred?

Well because I live in South Dakota so double the price for anything custom. If you can find someone willing to do it. $500 for a mandrel bent 3" SS system would be well worth it. I can tig it up myself if I have to but my time is better spent at work. Thanks for the reply let me know how your system turns out.