Eye protection recommendations

My eye sockets cant hold anymore rust. What type of eye protection works well up under your Jeep. Ones that dont move around,fog up and good visibility.
I found that for me, an actual face shield works best. Glasses are constantly fogging up on me. The shields, not so much. Just a thought.

I like these: Grainger. They are cost effective and keep the rust out of your eyes. If I am working with anything that could present a projectile, such as the drill press, table saw, etc. , I use a full face covering like this: Grainger 2.
That full face shield is nice. (y) I've bought anti-fog glasses that cost twice as much as the ones you listed, and they still fogged up. Maybe these would do better...? 🤷‍♂️

That full face shield is nice. (y) I've bought anti-fog glasses that cost twice as much as the ones you listed, and they still fogged up. Maybe these would do better...? 🤷‍♂️
I have been using these from Grainger for a long time. They aren't 100% fog proof, particularly in the high heat and humidity of summer or if you are using another face covering for protection against fumes or chemicals and this covering is directing your exhales directly up into the lenses, but in general they do better than any others I've tried. I can usually help out the fogging on the hot days with a fan blowing on me while I'm working. There are times when the face shield is quite a hindrance, especially in tight spots, so i like to have both.

I have used the ones @glowell222 suggested with the foam between the glasses and your face. They are pretty good and very comfortable. These days I just use regular glasses, try not to put my face under the dirty bits and learn how to flush my eyes. If you are working at home and your sink has one of those sprayers it's a useful skill learning to make an eye washer out of it. Warm water and just enough pressure to make a 6" stream you can lean into. Really helps to practice before you need it.

I just ordered those, Chris. I am intrigued by the strap, as there are times that the Grainger glasses slip off my face, usually at exactly the wrong point in my activity.

I have used the ones @glowell222 suggested with the foam between the glasses and your face. They are pretty good and very comfortable. These days I just use regular glasses, try not to put my face under the dirty bits and learn how to flush my eyes. If you are working at home and your sink has one of those sprayers it's a useful skill learning to make an eye washer out of it. Warm water and just enough pressure to make a 6" stream you can lean into. Really helps to practice before you need it.
I also just use regular safety glasses.

I also buy the tinted version and wear safety glasses for sunglasses. Buy a case and put them in all the vehicles. They are like $2.50 a pair.

Reactions: pagrey
I just keep a bunch of cheap safety glasses lying around, then I'll use a face shield if I'm cutting or doing anything where I don't want hot stuff bouncing off my face.

When I was fixing cars for a living I was doing some underbody work with no eye protection, the next morning I woke up with my left eye & cheek swollen up about the size of a softball. Went to the doc, turns out I got a little fleck of rust in there. Apparently it was set in there pretty good because my doc had to give me some anesthetic & then use a little dremel to get it out. Not fun. Also got to wear an eyepatch for a week.