Factory-like switches

Jobu

Looking for switches that resemble the factory ones so i can keep the dash as close to factory as i can. Has anyone used and had luck with the ones in the link? Adding some KC lights and want to make use of the blank spots under the AC controls. I have an auto so i already have an OD switch. But three blanks. The switches would operate the relay hopefully.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2241000714...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
JoBu.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Last edited:
Reactions: GaTechTJ
They are just okay. They don't have the best feel, not like factory. Better than nothing but not great. I have three and I like them but I wish the quality was better.

Reactions: Daryl
I used those switches, mainly just the switch cover, in conjunction with a couple OEM switches (after slight modification) so the logos would light up.
I'm currently using oem fog light switches, but would like to change the covers like you did.
I prefer the factory green/blue.
Was it worth the trouble to change the bulbs?

20211223_223739.jpg

I have those switches, they work great and power the relays fine. The light comes on when switched on. I added a small bulb inside and soldered onto the board so they illuminate with the interior lights at night. Explained in the thread below:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/electricwizards-2000-tj-sport-build.14165/page-12#post-336835
Thanks for the replies. @randy328 Did you know prior to purchasing the switches that the bottom part of the switch (the logo part I guess) could be illuminated? When i first looked at the switches, i figured the bottom part was just a sticker and the switch itself was solid, meaning no light could get through it. Just wondering if the other switches for sale are like that or are some made with just stickers and can't be modified for lighting up...???? (Not sure why i'm worried about this.....half of my dash lights decide on their own if they want to light up or not....

These work great; they can be a bit "tight" in the factory spots, so don't plan on swapping in and out a bunch of times without the potential of cracking the locking tabs.

IMG_2502.JPG

Thanks for the replies. @randy328 Did you know prior to purchasing the switches that the bottom part of the switch (the logo part I guess) could be illuminated? When i first looked at the switches, i figured the bottom part was just a sticker and the switch itself was solid, meaning no light could get through it. Just wondering if the other switches for sale are like that or are some made with just stickers and can't be modified for lighting up...???? (Not sure why i'm worried about this.....half of my dash lights decide on their own if they want to light up or not....
I had read the prior thread, I figured they could light up but if they didn't it wasn't a deal breaker. I have three of them; Rock, Zombie, and Spotters and they all light up now. Probably didn't take more than an hour to modify them, hard part was getting all the little parts.

The switches are on eBay and Amazon, Gold Coast shipping from Oxnard all the same. They sent me a wrong one on my first order, very fast replacing it, great customer service.

I'm currently using oem fog light switches, but would like to change the covers like you did.
I prefer the factory green/blue.
Was it worth the trouble to change the bulbs?

View attachment 304954
It was worth it to me. If you like the factory light color it might not be for you. The logos on the aftermarket switches light up white. I can’t remember off the top of my head if the OEM switch logos are white or if they have some type of color in them to appear blueish/green even with a clear bulb.

You might be able to find an LED to match the OEM. It’s been a few years but I found some teal colored LEDs somewhere for the dome light in my wife’s Camaro. Unfortunately, I can’t remember where I got them. It would probably be a very close matching color.

Thanks folks. I appreciate the replies. Little things like this mean a lot to folks like me. Re-purposed a KC foglight (PO had installed) with amber 55w bulbs and switched the location on my smittybilt bumper (don't judge me @Jerry Bransford ...I'll never be to the level you're at LOL) and made a nice difference. running of the factory fog light switch. Next are daylighters for the pillars and 100W driving lights for the top tabs on the bumper. I'll order the switches discussed in the thread to control the relays.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Re-purposed a KC foglight (PO had installed) with amber 55w bulbs and switched the location on my smittybilt bumper ...I'll never be to the level you're at LOL) . Next are daylighters for the pillars and 100W driving lights for the top tabs on the bumper.
You could buy better bumpers if you stop wasting money on extra lights. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Kid Mechanic
You could buy better bumpers if you stop wasting money on extra lights. ;)
Yeah, but if i bought a "better" bumper, i couldn't afford the extra lights!! The PO put smittybilt bumpers on front and back. While not maybe my first choice, I haven't a reason to swap them out. They do what they do. I've followed a few bumper conversations and its interesting to hear Jeepers discuss what makes one bumper better than another.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Can these switch’s be used to actuate a arb locker setup? I’d like to swap to them for a cleaner look, but not sure how easy it would be to wire them up… coming from the standard arb switches

Can these switch’s be used to actuate a arb locker setup? I’d like to swap to them for a cleaner look, but not sure how easy it would be to wire them up… coming from the standard arb switches
Ya, I use them for my Yukon Zips and they are the same deal.

Then you missed the point.
Most don't need or ever use the extra lights.
Turning them on just because you have them doesn't qualify as needing them.
You are correct. And I debate this in my head all day. I absolutely don’t “need” the lights. Do I want them? I believe I do as I think they make the jeep look better. So the internal conflict continues….

Reactions: TJ Starting
Yeah, but if i bought a "better" bumper, i couldn't afford the extra lights!! The PO put smittybilt bumpers on front and back. While not maybe my first choice, I haven't a reason to swap them out. They do what they do. I've followed a few bumper conversations and its interesting to hear Jeepers discuss what makes one bumper better than another.
Made in USA.