Fair price for half doors in OK condition?

Tob

Paint-Matched Bezels Club
Supporting Member
I've been trying to get my hands on some half doors and came across this facebook marketplace post:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1437083393115020/
half doors.jpg

The last picture shows the half doors. He says they were originally black, but he painted them white. He also claims there is no rust on them.

I asked the seller if they were willing to sell the half doors separate and they gave $400 as their price. Is this a fair deal, or should I keep looking?

If the interior panels (did not see a picture of them) are in decent shape & the pinch welds are free of rust I'd pay that. I've been in the market for a set for quite awhile in my neck of the woods.

I checked on car-part.com and it turns out there's a few salvage sets within reasonable distance, so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to check their price. Thanks for the input.

I checked on car-part.com and it turns out there's a few salvage sets within reasonable distance, so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to check their price. Thanks for the input.
Remember that most junkyards will consider the door and the interior panel seperate parts. If you get a price make sure it includes the panel.

Reactions: Tob
Does that include the uppers?

I paid $300 for a set with uppers a couple years ago in similar condition as those. He was asking $350. I offered the $300 and he said he’d take it No rust but had a couple cracks on the panels I had to fix, one of the uppers had a torn up zipper, one door had a turn up gasket and I have to paint the panels and doors if I want them to match. I’ve been working on and off at getting them ready for this summer.

Does that include the uppers?

I paid $300 for a set with uppers a couple years ago in similar condition as those. He was asking $350. I offered the $300 and he said he’d take it No rust but had a couple cracks on the panels I had to fix, one of the uppers had a torn up zipper, one door had a turn up gasket and I have to paint the panels and doors if I want them to match. I’ve been working on and off at getting them ready for this summer.

No uppers, but I'm not really looking for uppers honestly. I already have full doors, so I'll only use the half doors while going topless, and put the full doors back on when the top goes back on.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Decent 1/2 Doors are becoming harder to find. If there's no rust, major damage and the interior panels are there, $400 isn't unreasonable. It's a bonus if you can find them in your color, but this can be difficult.

Reactions: Tob
While we’re talking about half doors, I’m I correct in assuming all half doors from 97-06 are interchangeable?

While we’re talking about half doors, I’m I correct in assuming all half doors from 97-06 are interchangeable?
I think I remember reading about the exterior handle being different, but I don't know if that was the only difference.

They all fit between 97 - 06. The major differences where the interior door panel colors and mirrors, assuming they had mirrors. '97 - '02 mirrors were metal, while '03 to '06 were a better design and plastic. Both mounts were identical, so you can get an older set of doors and update them with newer mirrors.

If you're looking for white half doors I may have a rust free set available in a few days.

Can you keep me in the loop on that? I'd love to find some white ones w/ spice interior panels

Can you keep me in the loop on that? I'd love to find some white ones w/ spice interior panels
If you haven't already, I'd check car-part.com for half doors. I found several pairs in good condition not too far from me for less than $500.

And facebook marketplace. That's how I found these white ones, searching TJ sales and part outs.