Falken Wildpeak AT3W vs Kumho Road Venture AT51

TWallRudy

Hey Everyone,

finally decided to purchase slightly larger A/T tires for my SE Jeep, 30/9.5R15 is the recommended size for the jeep i have. Looking at my budget i can either get the Falken Wildpeak AT3W or the Kumho Road Venture AT51. Has any one of you ran these tires? which one would you consider getting as i have no experience with neither brand. No heavy off roading mostly on pavement, but i do want to take advantage of seeing the snow up in the mountains.

Hey Everyone,

finally decided to purchase slightly larger A/T tires for my SE Jeep, 30/9.5R15 is the recommended size for the jeep i have. Looking at my budget i can either get the Falken Wildpeak AT3W or the Kumho Road Venture AT51. Has any one of you ran these tires? which one would you consider getting as i have no experience with neither brand. No heavy off roading mostly on pavement, but i do want to take advantage of seeing the snow up in the mountains.

If you can afford $60 more a tire I’d go with KO2s.....considered the overall best all terrain/on road/off road tire in the market - quiet, long lasting, and have amazing snow and rain handing. Might be out of your price range a bit but maybe worth saving some more for wayyyyy higher quality!

Hey Everyone,

I ran 31" Kuhmo's on my SE and I eventually replaced them due to the road noise, decent tire but they were just to dam loud.

I run the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on both my Jeep & my Dodge Ram. The tire looks great and there is almost no road noise, but I have been less than impressed with them in the mud.

Reactions: XISophos
how much mud are we talking about here?

Alot. If you don't spend the majority of your time off road I think they will get you where you want to go without issue and look good doing it. But if your off roading involves deep mud pits, or steep climbs up muddy hills there is probably a more capable tire for you.

Alot. If you don't spend the majority of your time off road I think they will get you where you want to go without issue and look good doing it. But if your off roading involves deep mud pits, or steep climbs up muddy hills there is probably a more capable tire for you.
thanks for the clarification, yeah my foreseeable future is not going to involve anything like that.

If you are on a budget and don't care too much about top tier tires you might shop around at a few of the smaller shops in your area. Just ask what 30" tires they have and see if you like any of them. A few years ago I bought my 31" Falken AT01s for $500 mounted and balanced because they were sitting on the showroom floor. Wasn't my first choice but they've done the job. They did wear fast but they are't the same as the new AT3W so you can't really compare.

I have the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my Sierra and I like them a lot but I don't off road the truck. They do very well in the slush/snow, but I don't think you will see much snow based on your location.

I have the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my Sierra and I like them a lot but I don't off road the truck. They do very well in the slush/snow, but I don't think you will see much snow based on your location.

Good to hear feedback on those tires. There are three ski resorts near the OPs location at up to 7,000ft. Hard to visualize when your entire state is below 2,000ft. Definitely don't get much down low out here but it's an easy drive to find it.

Reactions: TWallRudy
you're right that i wont get snow where i live but we have crestline and big bear which weve never have gone while it snows. So if I'm investing on new tires, why not get some that is capable of going as many places as possible.

Reactions: Zukey14
i run the falkens on both my tj and xj.
i have no cons so far.
negligible road noise
good water and snow driving.
tread wears even
good for driving off down in the woods with light obstacles and some steep inclines.
they are not made for mud, but that is why they are all terrain, and not mud tires
however, i have not gotten stuck in the muddy woods yet.
for the price, i cannot complain. they do what i want and they are a good looking tire.

two coworkers like the look enough they both bought a set and have been thrilled with their performance.

IMG_5415.jpg