Family's First TJ - 2004 X Build

Im wondering....did you put anything underneath the ORFAB sliders or is that a bead of sealer put on after to keep moisture out??

Before remounting the sliders I applied a protective rubberized vinyl piece to each side of the lower tub. Its a thicker rubberized adhesive material that is cut to fit the contours of the bottom of the tub and it should help to keep moisture, salt etc from getting between the slider and the tub and causing corrosion. You can find them for sale at Extreme Terrain and I was happy with using them for the intended purpose.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-body-decal-tj-j100946.html

move all the parts to the LJ, aftermarket parts will not increase the value of the TJ much.

All my new higher end suspension parts and components are going to stay in their boxes until I decide on keeping the TJ or I find an LJ that I pull the trigger on. The current setup on the TJ is a 4" BDS system and I'll keep it all in place if I end up selling it. The winch, audio and other extras will stay uninstalled as well pending a sale.

Before remounting the sliders I applied a protective rubberized vinyl piece to each side of the lower tub. Its a thicker rubberized adhesive material that is cut to fit the contours of the bottom of the tub and it should help to keep moisture, salt etc from getting between the slider and the tub and causing corrosion. You can find them for sale at Extreme Terrain and I was happy with using them for the intended purpose.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-body-decal-tj-j100946.html
Well there goes another 30 bucks....definitely gonna buy that. Would you put it on then drill right through it or do all your drilling and mounting set up and then stick it on??

Well there goes another 30 bucks....definitely gonna buy that. Would you put it on then drill right through it or do all your drilling and mounting set up and then stick it on??

Since my sliders were mounted previously the holes were already drilled. If you're mounting the sliders for the first time I'd drill the holes first, install any nutserts that you may use, then apply the rubberized vinyl over the area. Once this is done, I just took one of my small torx drivers (a screwdriver would work too) and poked a hole in the vinyl where each mounting spot is located. Then I pushed the bolts through which allowed the vinyl to kind of fold inside of the drilled out opening offering a little better protection.

Did you already order? I have a set of these I'm pretty sure and I don't think they will be good for Vegas summers so I was looking to get rid of them

I’ve seen people buy a strip of adhesive welting and attach it to the slider first, then to the Jeep

Did you already order? I have a set of these I'm pretty sure and I don't think they will be good for Vegas summers so I was looking to get rid of them
I didn’t order them yet, tell ya what....I’m gonna tell the wife I gotta drive out to Vegas to pick up some parts :risas3:

Reactions: JMT
Theoretically, if I were to be traveling tomorrow to pick up a 2006 LJ Rubicon, could I still participate in this forum?

Theoretically, if I were to be traveling tomorrow to pick up a 2006 LJ Rubicon, could I still participate in this forum?
I don’t know, unicorn envy might kill the deal

So we made a new edition to our Jeep family today. She's a rust free 2006 LJ Rubicon and I can't wait to get started building her out. The downside is the wife is now firm on ordering her new JL Rubicon very soon. I reckon its time to start a new build thread and get my TJ ready to sell......

IMG_4183.jpg

So we made a new edition to our Jeep family today. She's a rust free 2006 LJ Rubicon and I can't wait to get started building her out. The downside is the wife is now firm on ordering her new JL Rubicon very soon. I reckon its time to start a new build thread and get my TJ ready to sell......

View attachment 39275
Nice ride! That thing seriously looks awesome already, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Reactions: techster82