Fan blower switch does not work in any position

RubiconMan

I have a 1999 TJ with after market AC. After going off roading, I turned the fan switch to high and no AC was blowing. I pulled out the blower motor resistor and the harness to it had melted on one of the connections. I then removed the blower motor and tested it with a connection to the battery, it worked fine. I also pulled out the fan blower switch and noticed than one of the connectors in the harness was also melted.

So Far I need to replace the resistor, the harness to the resistor and the fan switch. Should I also replace the blower motor?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

Resistor.jpg

Resistor connector.jpg

Fan Switch Connector.jpg

99.99% chance it's the blower motor itself melting the wiring, connections, switch, etc. When its windings start shorting together, it starts drawing more current. So while it still spins when you apply power to it, odds are it's drawing double the current it should be.

This happened to me on a previous vehicle. It turned out to be the blower motor itself. So, I agree with what Jerry is saying.

So far I have replaced the blower motor, blower motor resistor, blower motor resistor connector, fan switch and fan switch connector and still I do have any fan speeds. When I jump the fan speed connector to ground, I can hear the fan in all speeds. Is there any other part I can check that would cause this?

Thanks in advance.