Fan stuck on high

Little price of metaL that can go bad and wedge it on. It’s like a $40 part. I just installed the Hayden one on amazon. Works great, as good as if not better than OEM. It’s a bit of a PItA to get off, I recommend the tool linked below to.

fan clutch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C3F3A2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Tool:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076PBXSU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

just buy the tool. I spent 4 hours trying to fight it off with various tricks, got the tool and it came off in less than 10 min.

Reactions: mrjp and CharlesHS
You can diagnose this yourself... When the Jeep has been driven recently; you can test the clutch fan by spinning the fan blades with a generous spin, if the fan rotates more 4-5 times after you spin the fan blades; you can be sure the clutch fan is going or gone bad.

Last edited:
You can diagnose this yourself... When the Jeep has not been driven you can test the clutch fan early in the morning when its still cool. Try spinning the fan blades with a generous spin, if the fan rotates more 4-5 times after you spin the fan blades; you can be sure the clutch fan is going or gone bad.
That’s not a test that really applys to his problem, in the morning when the Jeep is cold the fans should spin fairly easily by hand (not like a skateboard wheel, but you should be able to turn it without to much effort) and then when the Jeep is up to temp the fan should be stiff and hard to turn, a better test is to try and spin the fan when it’s cold, if it spins ok then start the Jeep and get her up to op. Temp. Then turn the Jeep off and have your assistant watch to see how long the fan takes to stop. It should stop about as fast as the engine does.

Reactions: mrjp and CodaMan
That’s not a test that really applys to his problem, in the morning when the Jeep is cold the fans should spin fairly easily by hand (not like a skateboard wheel, but you should be able to turn it without to much effort) and then when the Jeep is up to temp the fan should be stiff and hard to turn, a better test is to try and spin the fan when it’s cold, if it spins ok then start the Jeep and get her up to op. Temp. Then turn the Jeep off and have your assistant watch to see how long the fan takes to stop. It should stop about as fast as the engine does.

Thanks I will correct my mistake... I was thinking one thing and said another...

Reactions: KingCarGuyZ