Feedback on the price of this 2006 TJ Unlimited

MadCore

Hey guys I'm hunting for my jeep JL. I found these guys and found these guys. They have this one that's not pending yet, but wanted to get feed back on the price and looks like the frame has started some surface rust that was panted over. Just wanted some advise and eyes form more experienced owners before i put the money down and fly out.

https://www.jamiescustoms.com/Autom...-Bend-WI-ba2b9051-e194-4dab-9a24-ac2c0116e16a

Stock and worn out steering, something funky going on with that transfer case skid plate, missing automatic skid, painted over rust, and more....not even close to being worth it!

Reactions: Tomcat
perfect, that's what my thinking was too, but I'm a noob compared to you guys.

I also thought something was up with the back end. the tires aren't close to centered so had me wondering.

That guy has a bunch of overpriced Jeeps on craigslist quite often. Some of them don't look half bad but some have some hidden rust since he is in WI.

Lol. That Jeep looks mint compared to some that get posted on here and people say “oh yah, that’s easily fixed” or “that’s just starting its life, wire wheel, a welder and 6months of your time and shes good as new”

The price may be high, knock the price down and you have yourself a good Jeep. The painted over rust I LoL’d at. The frame itself looks smooth so if it is painted there is still no rust or the point where it’s eating through the frame. Not sure what the concern is.

There seems to be some bubbling around some of the frame holes and other areas but nothing a wire wheel won’t fix (that’s what some say when the control arms are separating) which actually is easily fixed.

How can buddy tell that the steering is worn? Must of test drove it?

Also, the glove compartment still comes with the OEM manual holder - means something that the PO did take care of it.

Lol. That Jeep looks mint compared to some that get posted on here and people say “oh yah, that’s easily fixed” or “that’s just starting its life, wire wheel, a welder and 6months of your time and shes good as new”

The price may be high, knock the price down and you have yourself a good Jeep. The painted over rust I LoL’d at. The frame itself looks smooth so if it is painted there is still no rust or the point where it’s eating through the frame. Not sure what the concern is.

There seems to be some bubbling around some of the frame holes and other areas but nothing a wire wheel won’t fix (that’s what some say when the control arms are separating) which actually is easily fixed.

How can buddy tell that the steering is worn? Must of test drove it?

Also, the glove compartment still comes with the OEM manual holder - means something that the PO did take care of it.

Obviously, it is better to see the frame in its original shape and not painted over. Without the paint, the outside of the frame would look much worse. It doesn't look very smooth underneath to me in a number of photos. Even the paint is failing on the frame in a few photos. The body mounts have also been painted and the muffler is new, indicating even more rust.

There is no way to tell what it looks like compared to any other Jeep posted here, because they have painted over a lot of garbage in an attempt to make it look good.

Reactions: taylormade73
Obviously, it is better to see the frame in its original shape and not painted over. Without the paint, the outside of the frame would look much worse. It doesn't look very smooth underneath to me in a number of photos. Even the paint is failing on the frame in a few photos. The body mounts have also been painted and the muffler is new, indicating even more rust.

There is no way to tell what it looks like compared to any other Jeep posted here, because they have painted over a lot of garbage in an attempt to make it look good.

Whatever has been painted couldn’t be that bad considering the frame sections are smooth and not all messed up from the rust. If something is rusted bad you would notice that as the paint finish wouldn’t be smooth (kind of like around the frame holes).

Whatever has been painted couldn’t be that bad considering the frame sections are smooth and not all messed up from the rust. If something is rusted bad you would notice that as the paint finish wouldn’t be smooth (kind of like around the frame holes).

???

6000000027.jpg

6000000044.jpg

Reactions: taylormade73
For $21k you can buy a lot more LJ from say CA or AZ with no rust issues, have it shipped to you, and still have money for your personal mods left unless prices have changed a lot since I was looking.

Hey guys I'm hunting for my jeep JL. I found these guys and found these guys. They have this one that's not pending yet, but wanted to get feed back on the price and looks like the frame has started some surface rust that was panted over. Just wanted some advise and eyes form more experienced owners before i put the money down and fly out.

EDIT: Just found receipts, work orders, for the build up going back to 2005. Original build that is, 4Wheeler Supply in Phoenix did the work. No receipts on the RE lift however.
Say, have a 2004 LJ myself that I would like to sell. Moab-ready, been there a few times, not much rock crawling in NW Wisconsin, so, it sits mostly! Just turned 80,000 miles, rust-free Arizona Jeep, purchased four years ago. Near perfect dark interior, aftermarket radio and amp (which is under rear seat), Automatic, shifts great, hard and soft tops included, ice-cold a/c and great heat,

4.0L engine runs smooth, ARB dual air compressor installed in engine bay, hose out front bumper, AirRaid intake with cone filter, throttle body spacer, engine mount spacers for body lift (2.5" body lift).

Body: no dents, some Arizona pinstripes, great paint, khaki green I think, rear wheel well lights, front secondary lights, JK headlights, soft top is OEM, great shape, not used much, cheap EBAY winch up front, remote and wired controls, works great! Rubicon Express front bumper, very stout, can flat-tow from it (will include Blue-Ox tow bar and correct fittings to connect to bumper), rear custom swing-out tire carrier bumper.

Suspension: New last year front Currie HP Dana 44 with a zip locker (Yukon air locker), stock Dana 44 rear axle, haven't checked the rear locker, but most likely stock TracLoc. Warn rear diff cover skid plate, gas tank skid, belly up skid, steering gear skid, 4.88 gears in axles. Rubicon Express front 4.5" long-arm kit, Rear, short arm kit, works great for longer LJ. New front and rear RE adjustable track bars, new ZJ tie-rod and drag link. New lower control arm bushings in front, Johnnie Joints on rest of suspension. Castor needs a bit of adjustment, I installed the axle myself. Front Currie Anti-Rock sway bar. Derale tranny cooler.

Drive train: New Atlas II 3.8 transfer case, driveshafts professionally shortened, lengthened. Automatic shifts great, some 'clunk' into first gear, sometimes not. 35" BFG KM2 tires, fronts fairly new, rears 3/4 tread. (Previous Dana 30 balljoints went out, plenty of bad tire wear, replaced them). Fly into Minneapolis, MN, and I can meet you there. More pictures on request, best to email them to you.

DSCN89050001.JPG

Last edited:
Rust, decals are crooked and one is backwards, Looks like someone installed a t-case drop the wrong way and the auto trans skid is missing. The cheap rocker guards are probably covering rust on the body. You can buy rust free LJ's around here for $12,000.

Yes and no.

If someone took the time to add about 5-6 coats of good paint you can make those spots disappear.....for a while. A few trips in the rain they'll show back up.

One thing is for certain someone was very meticulous painting the underside. I didn't see much over spray to the tub underneath but they sure went to town painting that black.

Either way it's too high.
Around here it's got the wrong transmission and it's not a Rubicon.

That's a 12-15k Jeep at most.