Fender flare help

06Eagle

Just bought extended fender flares. I purchased the 4 piece set 7" wide from crown automotive. What do you do about the front dog leg extension? Reuse the original? Any pics would be helpful.

Mine are stuck in until I find myself very motivated to take them off because of some seized screws. I would take them off if they come off easily

Dog leg extension?
Good point, my assumption which could easily be wrong is that they were talking about the little fender flare extensions that some jeeps have directly behind the front flares

Good point, my assumption which could easily be wrong is that they were talking about the little fender flare extensions that some jeeps have directly behind the front flares

Those little plastic things? All I do is hold onto them tight while I remove the screw / bolt with a ratchet. Works every time for me.

20180502_090207.jpg

I put the Bushwhacker flares on mine - came with a flat piece of plastic trim to cover that area that is held on with double-sided 3M grey tape. I was gonna put the OEM piece back on but it was terribly faded and didn't match well. I can't post a pic right now but here's a link to Bushwhacker; there's a customer pic that shows the flat piece:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/bushwacker-flat-style-yj1092407.html