Filler vent broken: Anyone know what the other end looks like?

Longhorn84

TJ Enthusiast
Anyone know what the other end of this normally looks like? 04 tj. I can’t find the other side near the charcoal canister. The broken grey piece connects to the filler neck.

F7C9DCB5-5AC5-4D17-87E3-3838268EA432.jpeg

Anyone know what the other end of this normally looks like? 04 tj. I can’t find the other side near the charcoal canister. The broken grey piece connects to the filler neck.

View attachment 144567
I figured this out, it attaches to the bottom of that bigger grey piece, it's broken, it's called the flow management valve.

Good news, thanks for updating us!
Jerry found the replacement piece on a different thread, it’s the entire evap hose system and it’s $200 so I’ll be trying to fix with some type of plastic glue, maybe JB weld or gorilla glue 2 piece?

Reactions: Blondie70
the new craze is some type of "glue" looks to be translucent- then you hit it with some type of blue colored light supplied with the glue-- it activates it-- there is a type of it used in dentistry when crowns are being glued on teeth

my tank will be coming out b4 May, i know it's a ways off..............but if your fix don't hold i could cut the unit off mine and let ya have it.
if May comes and i've forgotten, and you still need....... .hit me up.

I haven't actually tried it personally, so I'm not 100% sure.
Ah, I thought you said you had good luck gluing stuff in the past with it? It's the same glue, just one sets in 1 minute and one sets in 5 minutes. I took about 10 minutes reading the 6 options at autozone, who knew there were so many specialty plastic glues from one company!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Ah, I thought you said you had good luck gluing stuff in the past with it? It's the same glue, just one sets in 1 minute and one sets in 5 minutes. I took about 10 minutes reading the 6 options at autozone, who knew there were so many specialty plastic glues from one company!

Oh, I've used that glue on plenty of other stuff, just not the piece you're talking about. It works awesome for plastic.

If you haven't already done this you might consider putting a brass tube inside the joint to reinforce it. Sand the outside of the tube with something like 60 grit to get it really rough. It'll help keep the joint together and stable. The epoxy is great but it helps to have something extra to bridge the joint. I've used JB clear 5 minute and it dries pretty flexible, I don't know how it'll stick to that plastic.