Finally re-geared, locked, & lifted

Robert Sullenger

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Finally got the chili pepper almost done. Still needs painted & a few other things, but almost there.

So far: 2.5 in ome lift, 4:10 gears, f/r e lockers, on 32in cooper stt pros.
D3E06130-A033-4EDE-BAB6-4A31FC051283.jpeg
48FC2BF2-CEDD-4EA4-BFC0-726E67CB2AD7.jpeg
8EE60D9A-3031-4A8D-B0BC-E4B90AF997C3.jpeg
DDFAB5C6-19EB-4729-82FB-D5061676C74B.jpeg
1010C7AF-294D-4947-8E30-B8A9034A3CBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice looks Jeep… How do you like the ride with the OME springs and shocks? Only asking because occasionally you read comments about them being a bone jarring ride, however I doubt that comment. So I figured I’d ask someone who’s installed them since I’m considering between the OME suspension or putting together the budget suspension parts listed here in the forum...
thanks

To me it’s a little stiffer than stock, but it might loosen over time. I think overall it rides pretty good. Since it’s over twenty years old I got the super ultimate kit & replaced everything.

Dirk at dpg off road was easy to talk to & usually returned my calls or texts in an hour or so.

Keep in mind I have never rode in a lifted jeep before, so I have nothing to compare it to. Good luck which ever way you go.

To me it’s a little stiffer than stock, but it might loosen over time. I think overall it rides pretty good. Since it’s over twenty years old I got the super ultimate kit & replaced everything.

Dirk at dpg off road was easy to talk to & usually returned my calls or texts in an hour or so.

Keep in mind I have never rode in a lifted jeep before, so I have nothing to compare it to. Good luck which ever way you go.
It’s great to read that people are still going to Dirk at DPG for the OME TJ lift kits.

Thank you!
That’s what I was going for. Probably a little overkill for what we’ll use it for, light to medium trails. Dirk was easy to work with, & I liked not having to match everything up. Just pick which kit you want & go.
Better to overbuild than get stuck on some trail or obstacle with an underbuilt rig.

Would love to, but it’s gonna be a while before I can make plans. We have a 9 month old little girl now so she gets all my free time.
I ain't gonna lie to you, when my youngest son was 6 months old, I had him strap in a car seat in a CJ5 out wheeling with us!!!!! What's funny is my oldest daughter won't let me take my oldest granddaughter with me yet, she is 6 years old ..... go figure. All my kids were raised wheeling in CJ'S.

I ain't gonna lie to you, when
my youngest son was 6 months old, I had him strap in a car seat in a CJ5 out wheeling with us!!!!! What's funny is my oldest daughter won't let me take my oldest granddaughter with me yet, she is 6 years old ..... go figure. All my kids were raised wheeling in CJ'S.
I ain't gonna lie to you, when my youngest son was 6 months old, I had him strap in a car seat in a CJ5 out wheeling with us!!!!! What's funny is my oldest daughter won't let me take my oldest granddaughter with me yet, she is 6 years old ..... go figure. All my kids were raised wheeling in CJ'S.
I would love to take her wheeling, but she who holds the jeep title won’t let me. I nicknamed her fun killer, can you guess why?😜

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Nope, that’s number 3. When I bought this last one from best top 5/6 yrs ago had to buy sides & door panels to get tan. Not sure if they make it at all now.
Do you recall what color bestop called that? For the last couple years I think Spice is their only available shade of tan, but yours doesn’t look like Spice to me.

Reactions: John Cooper
Nice looks Jeep… How do you like the ride with the OME springs and shocks? Only asking because occasionally you read comments about them being a bone jarring ride, however I doubt that comment. So I figured I’d ask someone who’s installed them since I’m considering between the OME suspension or putting together the budget suspension parts listed here in the forum...
thanks
There's a budget suspension thread? Link please!