Finding the Build Date with the VIN

Mudflat

TJ Enthusiast
So my TJ is an ‘06, the last year of production. I suppose it could be remotely possible, but highly unlikely, that it could be the last TJ ever built. Yeah. Go ahead & laugh. I’m laughing at myself too. Anyway, I need to put this crazy idea of mine to rest so I need to get the build date of my Jeep & also see if I can find the VIN of the last TJ that was built. Can I get the build date with my VIN? How can I find the VIN of the last TJ?
Thanks in advance for your help

image.jpg

The build date.... and equipment.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
You can look at the Vehicle sticker that is attached to the A pillar near the side of the dash board or the metal build tag that is screwed beneath the radiator support cross member.
Well, there was no sticker of any kind on the A pillar. Here is a pic of my metal build tag that was on the radiator support. Naturally, someone screwed it in there with the back side showing so it’s “mirror image”. 🙄 Hold the pic up to a mirror like I did & you can read the info on the tag. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Is there some kind of code that would tell me the build date?
Thanks for your help.

So what makes you think its the last TJ? Not wanting to burst any bubbles but there are a few early 2007 RHD export built TJs

My door sticker is also missing. I've already got a build sheet on it that I downloaded but it's not got a build date either. I tried the link above and the build date spot was empty so I still don't know my TJ's birthday 😟

Reactions: Mudflat
Yeah. Mine is the same way. ‘Not all that important.
I'm guessing mine was built later in 04 since it's #75105 of 77,550 built... if wiki is correct with the total number produced in 04.

Last edited:
No, I haven’t tried it yet, but I did find that my TJ was sequential number 26,552 out of 89,631 for ‘06.
I will use your link to find my build date just for grins.
Thanks for your help.

Where did you find the production number of 89,631 for 06? ... is that for TJ's only or for all Wranglers in 06?

Where did you find the production number of 89,631 for 06? ... is that for TJ's only or for all Wranglers in 06?
I’m trying to remember where I found that information &, being somewhat mature, I am finding it to be a challenge. It was some kind of VIN search. I’ll let you know as soon as I can remember or figure it out. Also, someone else here could probably help.
Come to think of it, you could probably just Google up something like “Jeep production numbers and build date by VIN”. That may have been what I did.