First post first Jeep owner

JRusmc97

I recently picked up a 98 TJ Sport with a hard top and the slider windows for 2 grand! My buddy knew I always wanted it and decided to let me have it for what a dealer was gonna give him for it. All it REALLY needs is a tune up, tires, and an exhaust manifold to be mechanically solid. Assorted smaller gremlins but whatever. 110k miles, 33x12.5s, 2.5 inch suspension lift, and a hard top. New clutch, u joints, and rear axle (Dana 30). I have had numerous other projects, but have never owned a jeep because I honestly don't think they're worth the money they demand but hey 2 grand for a tj that runs and drives? Can't beat that. Im also a wheeler n dealer so I'm open to offers. I like stuff with v8's or inline 6's primarily.

IMG_20201121_151708_838.jpg

Enjoy it for a while and see what you think?
This is a thing with a straight 6.

sounds like you would be better suited to just sell it to someone who cares about
these old time, real world vehicles and let them ENJOY it for what it is.

P.S.
If you kept it and started a build you would understand the price they demand as well

Welcome to the forum. One your governor allows you to leave your home, I would enjoy the hell out of that thing ;)

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Enjoy it for a while and see what you think?
This is a thing with a straight 6.
I know, I was more referring to a ford 4.9 or diesel straight 6. Im honestly not a huge fan of jeeps as I previously stated but I'm going to see how it goes and probably end up trading it for something. It's currently in oklahoma and I'm in california about to leave the country for a while so it'll be a while before I can deal with its issues and have fun with it, so if I can offload it in the meantime, all the better. Im more of a chevy truck or sports car kinda guy. Jeeps are very impressive off-road though.
Welcome, for 2 grand that’s a deal. Assuming the frame is clean
Frame is clean, clean title, just the rock slide on the driver side by the front of the door is the only cosmetic damage.

Still feels like a for sale ad more than anything else.
Im just saying it's out there but I'm intrigued to have a jeep. I've heard they're fun but hellacious money pits and i have lots of other things I want but the deal was too good so I'm giving it a try. Im by no means trying to irritate anyone here but idk how long I'll be around. I already caught the track miata bug and the suburban overlander bug with 2 other projects besides those and this that barely run.

Im just saying it's out there but I'm intrigued to have a jeep. I've heard they're fun but hellacious money pits and i have lots of other things I want but the deal was too good so I'm giving it a try. Im by no means trying to irritate anyone here but idk how long I'll be around. I already caught the track miata bug and the suburban overlander bug with 2 other projects besides those and this that barely run.
@Starrs

You lost me at "I honestly don't think they're worth the money they demand" and "I'm also a wheeler n dealer so I'm open to offers". You're obviously not a Jeep person.
Amen.

" I got a smoking deal , I may just dump it" is what this screams.

One, your friend obviously didn't value it and neither do you .

Two, you are lost on value of these...way lost. That's 8- 10 grand , on average, and the opportunity to have one at the lowest cost you may ever see, we certainly don't see that except when grandpa is helping a kid get rolling.

Now start threads about how terrible it is, how you got ripped off and how unfair life is while we all go have a ball wheeling.

I try to be very welcoming and a good ambassador here , but this thread is disrespectful of an icon, of its followers and the joy of owning one.

Stay on here, get to know it and us, and you will understand what we mean. These Jeep's are the first really nice Jeeps ever put on the market, (albeit the YJ was a step forward as well) and capable beyond belief.

No intention to offend.... just offended.

I will add this...until you have driven into the sunset with a dog in the backseat and the girl you love beside you with the top off, the radio on and it's 83 degrees, you don't know where we come from.