First TJ: new member

Jstone8952

Hello all- just got an 01 TJ 4.0 auto. Got rid of my XJ to get it and use as a weekend warrior/backup car until my daughter gets out of a car seat (first kid born Jan 1st of this year)
The XJ I had had a 3.5" lift and 33s which I didn't consider "big" but the wife drove it for a week when her car was in the shop (while pregnant) and lamented it's existence ever since.
The TJ is pretty much stock besides a god awful 3" BL and some JK takoff rims and tires and will likely stay that way until my daughter can climb in herself- then the plan is a smallish lift and some 33s.
Got it with an oil leak, trans leak, hard shifting 1st and 2nd gear when cold and non functioning AC but a valve cover gasket, trans flush/filter/gasket and recharge on the AC has it about where I want it for now.
Have a few projects ahead of me- blower motor resistor is bad, still has a slight oil leak somewhere, top needs replaced or at least new windows, will probably pull the carpet and rhino line the tub and an assortment of other "get me out of the house" weekend jobs.
I have had a few jeeps- two yjs, three XJs and a wj and loved/hated them all.
Look forward to contributing whatever knowledge I've gained and learning from yall (googling sh!t has landed me at this site several times so I figured I might as well join)

IMG_20180310_151426.jpg

IMG_20180310_151734.jpg

IMG_20180310_151443.jpg

I’d say I love your Jeep except for the crazy BL. What possesses people? It’ll turn out great in your hands though! Welcome to the zoo!

Got it with an oil leak, trans leak, hard shifting 1st and 2nd gear when cold and non functioning AC but a valve cover gasket, trans flush/filter/gasket and recharge on the AC has it about where I want it for now.
Have a few projects ahead of me-
I think I know the answer to this problem. That hard shifting in 1st and 2nd gear when cold is most likely due to the ATF being super low. A lot of folks don't know that the ATF on the TJ needs to be checked ONLY when fully warmed up, engine running, and with the transmission in Neutral (not in park). I'm guessing with you checking and filling it up correctly will simply make that hard shifting go away instantly.