Fitting a double DIN head unit

sb7232

Hi everyone,

Trying to fit the Pioneer DMH A240BT to my 98 TJ. I'm pretty new to fixing up a Jeep's sound system, so I checked on incartec (similar to crutchfield) and it said it was compatible with the car. Got it up and running following the manual, but no sound to the speakers or image to the rear view camera that has been added.
Does anyone know if the colored wires need to be connected to the round subwoofer plug on the left? The car doesn't have a subwoofer, but with the factory head unit, the subwoofer plug is connected and I get sound out of the speakers in the dash corner. If so, has anyone got any links for adapters please; haven't been able to find any as I've been trying to sort this out! Any general suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

IMG_8593.JPG

IMG_8594.JPG

IMG_8595.JPG

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 11.27.33 AM.png

Last edited:
Yellow component female on the receiver is the video input from a rear camera.

I see a male component in yellow inside the cavity, but you also need to power the camera from a source on the back end of the vehicle AS WELL AS a trigger for reverse (purple black iirc?)

Without seeing how you wired the speakers to the new headunit adaptor plug, it isnt possible to see or guess why those arent working. You need a continuity test from headunit wiring to speaker end wiring

Show how you wired the speakers to the headunit

FYI since you are obviously new to this, disconnect the positive battery terminal while doing any wiring in the dash

Last edited:
Reactions: P man
Did you buy a "pre-wired" harness, or did you wire it up yourself? Check to make sure the speakers are "turned on" in the head unit itself. Some head units have the ability to turn speakers on/off. As for the camera, do you have the "trigger" wire connected to the reverse light/wire? Post some pictures of your connections and harness.