Flat tow setup behind motorhome

I don't have any experience with that bumper but I personally would not trust Chinese welds. I used the Currie/Rockjock tow adapters because I didn't want the added weight of a steel front bumper. If you like the look of that bumper I'd consider Dirworx. It is very close in price and made in the USA. Or, better yet, you could go with Rock Hard who will make the bumper with BluOx brackets installed.

I’d also recommend going with a bumper that is built in the USA for quality reasons, Motobilt, genright, UCF, LOD are a few additional options

Reactions: 06lj
I don't have any experience with that bumper but I personally would not trust Chinese welds. I used the Currie/Rockjock tow adapters because I didn't want the added weight of a steel front bumper. If you like the look of that bumper I'd consider Dirworx. It is very close in price and made in the USA. Or, better yet, you could go with Rock Hard who will make the bumper with BluOx brackets installed.
This is what I did,I use a roadmaster all terain w/blue ox ends

4AF4A12C-86A3-4F8F-95AA-DE6A198DE588.png

I attached these to my bumper which was welded to the frame by the previous owner. If he weren’t a welder I wouldn’t have trusted them as much
7D30EFA5-7F74-4E4D-835B-B9F35C3C7D73.png

I pulled my TJ behind my class A with a 89$ tow bar off eBay with pins in place of my D rings. Had a good set of safety chains, but there was never an issue of safety that I ever noticed. Used HF magnetic lights for Brake, turn, running.

Reactions: LJ4me and truejdm
This bumper came on my jeep when I bought it, I should have said.
In that case I inspect the welds closely and go with what you are comfortable with. Inspect it frequently when traveling for good measure. If you plan on doing a lot of towing I'd invest in a better system.

Reactions: truejdm
In that case I inspect the welds closely and go with what you are comfortable with. Inspect it frequently when traveling for good measure. If you plan on doing a lot of towing I'd invest in a better system.
We don't go much further that a couple hours away usually. Might use it once a month. I'll check the welds out.

Reactions: 06lj
If you are new to flat towing a TJ make sure you read the owners manual for the correct setup. I have not flat towed my TJ but have flat towed my YJ for over 10K miles with no issues other than it still racks up the miles on the odometer. I have battery cut off switches on both my TJ and YJ which will be needed when the ignition is turned on to free up the steering. As with towing anything always check your setup before and during a trip.

Reactions: truejdm
After reading the reviews of people that have actually used that Hooke Road bumper for winch and recovery, I wouldn’t trust it for flat towing. Just my $0.02