Flat towing a '97 Wrangler

cornfed

I have a chevy 350 conversion. With a 700r4 trans and new process 231c transfer case. I am not sure if the transfer case is jeep or chevy. I have been told if it is chevy, I cannot flat tow it. If it is jeep I can, can anybody tell me how to tell which I have ? Thanks

I have a chevy 350 conversion. With a 700r4 trans and new process 231c transfer case. I am not sure if the transfer case is jeep or chevy. I have been told if it is chevy, I cannot flat tow it. If it is jeep I can, can anybody tell me how to tell which I have ? Thanks

I think I just found that the letter c in 231c, means it is chevrolet.....duh

I don't know why it being a chevy would matter. The c after the 231 probably has to do with input/output splines & lengths, but otherwise functions as any other 231. And since flat towing protocol is usually to put the t-case in neutral, then the brand of transmission shouldn't matter either. But don't take my word for it.

I don't know why it being a chevy would matter. The c after the 231 probably has to do with input/output splines & lengths, but otherwise functions as any other 231. And since flat towing protocol is usually to put the t-case in neutral, then the brand of transmission shouldn't matter either. But don't take my word for it.

thanks for your reply, I tend to agree with you on that.