Floor pan heat

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
Is there an easy way to combat the heat coming up through the floor pan? My feet felt like they were on fire the other day. The only thing separating my feet from two catalytic converters is some thin sheet metal and the original carpet (heat shields are still in).

I would like to find a non spray or roll on material. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I installed the heat shield matting from Summit Racing. Works very well

I don't remember exactly. I had to remove it when I fabricated new removable panels over the front DS joint, TC linkage, tranny linkage. It wasn't cheap and it was a real bitch to remove. Having said that when I get done redoing the floor, repainted, apply new Lizard skin! I intend to reapply this matting.

Reactions: Chris
Check out the aluminium foil backed roofing insulation sold in Home Depot and Lowe's. Essentially the same stuff as the much more expensive acoustic insulation sold in the audio stores.

Weird, my previous reply didn't post. Do you happen to know if it's called Peel N' Stick?

Thanks guys!

I just placed an order. Hopefully I can install it on Friday before my trip on Saturday!

Reactions: Chris
I was up early this morning so I figured that I would start this project. This is the product that I ordered.

image.png

I made a template for the drivers side floor:
image.jpeg

It fit pretty well the first time.
image.jpeg

Now I just need to cut the material to match. I'll pull the carpet and secure it down, then just put the carpet back.

The passenger side is a mirror image. Even though I have not heard any complaints from passengers, I may as well install it there too.

I was up early this morning so I figured that I would start this project. This is the product that I ordered.

View attachment 1713

I made a template for the drivers side floor:
View attachment 1714

It fit pretty well the first time.
View attachment 1715

Now I just need to cut the material to match. I'll pull the carpet and secure it down, then just put the carpet back.

The passenger side is a mirror image. Even though I have not heard any complaints from passengers, I may as well install it there too.

Please do let us know how this turns out because this is next on my list if you really end up liking it.

Please do let us know how this turns out because this is next on my list if you really end up liking it.

No problem. I'm taking it out on Saturday for a trail ride so I'll know pretty soon.

I cut out the material and installed both sides this morning. It only took a few minutes. Once I pull out the rear seat again after this weekend I'm going to line the back tub. It's a sound deadener too, so it may help a bit with the road noise.

It's a sound deadener too, so it may help a bit with the road noise.

That's my primary reason for wanting to do this is that hopefully it cuts down on the road noise a bit.

I'm not expecting it to be quiet like a Lexus or anything, I just think it would be nice if I shed a little road noise if possible.

Another reason why I've been thinking about a headliner for my hardtop...

Reactions: Serbonze