Fluid Film application - HVLP gun?

qslim

The Man with the Big Yellow Car
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 2 gallons of fluid film in my garage now because I read this forum and decide that I need to constantly do stuff to my Jeep because of you all.

The only sprayer that I own is a fairly inexpensive high volume low pressure unit that I picked up a few years ago to spray a fence around a few acres of property, similar to the one below. Has anyone used anything similar to apply Fluid Film or have any advice? Think it'll work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PGQI48/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I don't know if your sprayer will work. If you have an air compressor, I can vouch that this sprayer works very good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RPZWLC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Yeah, I have some air compressors, just trying to avoid buying more crap if I can get away with it. The HVLP paint sprayer has a compressor, but it's obviously much lower pressure than a normal compressor. I've used it mostly to spray wood stain and oil-based paints.

Last edited:
I used the spray cans so I can’t help to much. I will say that it goes on pretty thin, then “dries” to a wax like protectant. Get ready to leave the TJ outdoors for about a week. The smell is pretty foul.

Reactions: qslim
I used the spray cans so I can’t help to much. I will say that it goes on pretty thin, then “dries” to a wax like protectant. Get ready to leave the TJ outdoors for about a week. The smell is pretty foul.
Yeah, I've heard that. The TJ is an outside dog anyway, she'll be alright.

Reactions: Sj's TJ
Just to follow up, I ended up trying this HVLP paint sprayer and it worked like a champ.

HVLP will be good. I recently purchased Tacklife SGP15AC Hand Held Electric Spray Gun, It works well for me.

This spray gun has three different spray nozzles for making various spray patterns and designs. This feature makes the Tacklife eligible for home appliances, wooden items, car parts, and many more professional chores.

I am woodworker and i have a car also. So it works like champ for both. I check about it from this blogpost.
Quiet comprehensive

Reactions: qslim