FNX 45

Tj04

TJ Enthusiast
Anyone have one of these pistols?

Looking at picking one up, 45 acp is easily my favorite caliber.

Any opinions, from those that have had them are welcome or shot them. Yes they are large for a pistol. Loaded, they do weigh less than half an oz more than a loaded 1911. And yes I will conceal carry it sometimes.

The model I’m looking into is an FNX 45 Tactical in FDE. I’d mount an RMR on it and suppress it at some point.

The price isn’t too bad, under $1200, and they hold more than the Mk23 and aren’t as large.

Only thing I don’t like is the ugly bulbous magazine floorplate. I’d swap them to flat ones (then they only hold 14+1 instead of 15+1) but it would be easier to carry.

Or I could get an 8.8 for the price. I keep doing this: buying a new gun instead haha :p

Just picked it up and I absolutely love it. Now to find a good IWB holster for this monster.

Very excited to shoot this. Likely will retire my 1911 (cannot find the emoticons anymore? *insert gasp emoticon here*)

A big deciding factor for choosing the FN over a USP .45 was the RMR cut on top of the slide. Don’t really want to mill that off or send it somewhere.
image.jpg

IWB?! You're crazy! I'd find something owb that fits snug against the body. You are gonna have to wear a jacket anyway to cover that beast. And congrats on the new toy! 45 acp is my fav cartridge as well. That thing should rock when suppressed!

Reactions: Tj04
IWB?! You're crazy! I'd find something owb that fits snug against the body. You are gonna have to wear a jacket anyway to cover that beast. And congrats on the new toy! 45 acp is my fav cartridge as well. That thing should rock when suppressed!
Going to order an alien gear iwb tuckable holster for it. Crazy? Maybe! But I don’t like OWB holsters without a latch or locking mechanism of some sort to slow someone in taking my gun, as it’s substantially more visible owb, as I don’t often care about it being visible.

Range report:

Gunshot great. Put 350 rounds thru it to function test it. Worked with all ammo including several defensive hollow points and of course classic 230gr ball.

Gun shot way better than I’m capable of at 15 yards. Excited to reach the point where I can have all rounds touch. I’m no competitive shooter, so I am not that great. This was the first 15 round mag I put through it, excuse the smaller hole up top. That’s not a .45.
76744ED5-6E96-44CC-A469-D6DFD95E74AE.jpeg

The pistol is only slightly bigger than my 1911. .8 oz heavier, if flush magazine floor plates are put on it would take a good 1/2-3/4 of an inch off the height of the weapon.

Would recommend to anyone looking for one.

Now for an RMR...

Reactions: Rob5589