Fog lights for an aftermarket bumper

Just a Jeep

After about 4 months of searching I found this really nice 2006 TJ. This is my first Jeep and I appreciate all the information you all are willing to share on this forum. So to the point... it came with this aftermarket bumper. I don’t know the make as it has no marking. I’m looking to put some fog lights or a light bar on the bumper. I don’t think the stock stile fog lights will work in the lower mounts and I don’t like the look of them sitting up on the top bar. Looking for suggestions on some good lighting. I’m ordering the Truck-lite head lights for that upgrade.

361E5B35-89AD-4577-8619-529814F10B7F.jpeg

262E2CB2-EC8C-403F-A2E5-EF6A497B9438.jpeg

35F99CC4-44E9-4595-A783-D96ED40DA2F1.jpeg

28064192-8362-4C98-991F-982A9BCF7899.jpeg

C8359D40-BDD4-453C-9B7B-35C739E55A47.jpeg

Almost any light should work on the lower mounts.
Mostly comes down to what you like and what you think looks good on your rig.

Another option is to hang something down from the top mounts.

Reactions: Zorba
Mmmmmm. The best color.

I have the same bumper. Some day, I may put some lights on the top of it, so I can see where the front is when pulling up to the garage door. But I like being able to sit on the top bar when working on it. But I am having to work on it less and less. Hmmmmmm.

My advice, pick something you think you'll like. Put them on. If you don't like them, sell them and get something else. These things are like LEGOs. If you don't like something, snap it off and snap something else on. (about as expensive as LEGOs too, LOL)

I have the stock fog light wiring in the fender well. can the Black oak leds direct wire into that connector providing I get the plug? If so, does anyone know the type/ model number of the plug?

I have the stock fog light wiring in the fender well. can the Black oak leds direct wire into that connector providing I get the plug? If so, does anyone know the type/ model number of the plug?

Sorry, are you asking if they can be wired into the existing connector, or plugged in, as in plug n' play.

IDK about those but if you're looking for straight up plug and play, check out the Quadratec LED auxiliary lights for TJ's. Those are direct plug and play, no cutting/splicing or anything required. NOTE: those are not "fog" lights insofar as they aren't DOT approved I think, supposed to be for off-road use only. They also come with extensions that should give you a bit more flexibility as to where you place them on that bumper.

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/1997-2006-wrangler-tj/lighting-lenses-bulbs/auxiliary-lighting

Reactions: inkedrose
Sorry, are you asking if they can be wired into the existing connector, or plugged in, as in plug n' play.

IDK about those but if you're looking for straight up plug and play, check out the Quadratec LED auxiliary lights for TJ's. Those are direct plug and play, no cutting/splicing or anything required. NOTE: those are not "fog" lights insofar as they aren't DOT approved I think, supposed to be for off-road use only. They also come with extensions that should give you a bit more flexibility as to where you place them on that bumper.

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/1997-2006-wrangler-tj/lighting-lenses-bulbs/auxiliary-lighting
Maybe I said that wrong. I know it’s not going to have the matching connector. I guess what I was getting at is... watts and amps appear to be lower on the leds so is there anything in at stock wiring harness that could cause issues or do I wire it direct and avoid the factory wiring.

Maybe I said that wrong. I know it’s not going to have the matching connector. I guess what I was getting at is... watts and amps appear to be lower on the leds so is there anything in at stock wiring harness that could cause issues or do I wire it direct and avoid the factory wiring.

Good question - I'd wait for someone else to confirm on that. Wiring in stuff, even simple stuff, is just something I haven't really gotten into myself.

Connectors were not the same in my Hellas. I stripped the wires and used connectors. I dont recall which wires were neg and pos tho.