Fog lights worth it?

Justin03X

My jeep did not come factory with fog lights. A guy near me is selling a fog light kit that looks to be discontinued for our jeeps for only $75 dollars. Literally looks brand new. My question is are fog lights really worth it on our on TJ's? I already have led headlights and an LED light bar but obviously it is not street legal.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-light-fog~82208017.html

Does it include the complete assembly Mopar 82208017 that is linked? If so that is a good price. Although I am not sure of the benefit of them in fog as it's generally not an issue faced in the SW desert. I like the look of them and usually run them with the headlights.

Aren't you running pods on you 03?

Reactions: Justin03X
The stock fog lights are garbage... pure garbage. Zero usable light output whatsoever. Now replace them with a quality set of LED fog lights, and then you've got some real usable light output.

@tomtaylz can vouch for how insanely bright the Vision X Light Canon fog lights are.

Does it include the complete assembly Mopar 82208017 that is linked? If so that is a good price. Although I am not sure of the benefit of them in fog as it's generally not an issue faced in the SW desert. I like the look of them and usually run them with the headlights.

Aren't you running pods on you 03?
Yeah, it’s the whole set and every part number looks to be OEM. And yeah I have pods. I have some LED pods on my front grill but they are way to bright to be street legal. Your totally right about there being no fog though in the SoCal lol

The stock fog lights are garbage... pure garbage. Zero usable light output whatsoever. Now replace them with a quality set of LED fog lights, and then you've got some real usable light output.

@tomtaylz can vouch for how insanely bright the Vision X Light Canon fog lights are.
Chris I guess my question is do you use your fog lights regularly or no? I have front led pods on my grill but they are way to bright. I could always buy the kit then swap them with the vision x’s. But are those even street legal?

Chris I guess my question is do you use your fog lights regularly or no? I have front led pods on my grill but they are way to bright. I could always buy the kit then swap them with the vision x’s. But are those even street legal?

No, I pretty much never use them. My Vision X Vortex LED headlights are so friggin' bright, I've never found a need to use the fog lights. The Vision X lights are indeed street legal.

No, I pretty much never use them. My Vision X Vortex LED headlights are so friggin' bright, I've never found a need to use the fog lights. The Vision X lights are indeed street legal.

Is there an easy way to wire it so the high beams and fog lights can be on at the same time? I’d have light for days.

The Vision X light cannons are very bright and expensive so not for everyone. I probably want to play around with covers (which is a nice feature) to make them more fog lights, we get a lot of fog and the light scatters too much with them right now to be too helpful. I think amber would help. I don’t use them too often besides off-road though as I’m scared I’m going to blind people.

Is there an easy way to wire it so the high beams and fog lights can be on at the same time? I’d have light for days.

I have their harness for the headlights so the high beams stay on as well as the low beams. As for the fog lights, there's got to be a way to enable them to be on with high beams, it's just a matter of tracking down the wiring schematic on how to do so. That would be good for a new topic, as I'd bet money someone has done this before.

I have their harness for the headlights so the high beams stay on as well as the low beams. As for the fog lights, there's got to be a way to enable them to be on with high beams, it's just a matter of tracking down the wiring schematic on how to do so. That would be good for a new topic, as I'd bet money someone has done this before.

Yeah I have the same harness I just like light lol.

Yeah I have the same harness I just like light lol.

I don't blame you. I'll end up with another set for my Savvy bumper, at which point I'll want to know how I can enable the fog lights for use with the high beams as well.

Reactions: tomtaylz

The Vision X light cannons are very bright and expensive so not for everyone. I probably want to play around with covers (which is a nice feature) to make them more fog lights, we get a lot of fog and the light scatters too much with them right now to be too helpful. I think amber would help. I don’t use them too often besides off-road though as I’m scared I’m going to blind people.

Cut off the #1 pin on the fog light relay.
https://www.stu-offroad.com//electrical/elec1/elec-1a.htm

Reactions: tomtaylz