Folks with 32RH trans - do you have a harmonic balancer on your rear driveshaft?

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
I am trying to test out a theory for harmonic vibrations in Jeeps and I really would get additional information from Jeep owners with 32RH trans irrespective of the year. Do any of you have an harmonic balancer in your rear driveshaft? It looks like this - the big circular thingy right next to the boot on the driveshaft in the pic below.

Can people take a quick peek in their jeeps and reply here with year of the jeep and whether you have it or not?

Ex:
2000, 32rh, no balancer

I REALLY would appreciate this information. Thanks in advance, guys!

20170606_161104-jpg.jpg

2001 Wrangler, 32RH, no balancer and had no vibrations, installed SYE and no vibrations. 4” lift, Dana 44s with 4.10s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats
So we have 3 jeeps, from 2000/2001/2002 with 32RH without the balancer. This is all I needed to know.

More info is always welcome. Additional supporting data is always useful.

2001 TJ 32RH. It came without a balancer and had no vibe issues. Now has 4 inch lift, 35's, SYE, D44s, 4.10 gears and still no vibes.

2006 Rubicon LJ 42RLE with balancer, 3.5 Metalcloak lift, 34's, no vibes UNTIL 488 gears Now front shaft disconnected and searching for an answer

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats