Ford F150 longevity question

Tscott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a 2013 F150 with the 5.0 engine and 92,000 miles. If it is reasonably maintained, do you think can make it to 200,000 + miles?

Absolutely. And I’m sure this has been done multiple times already being that the Coyote is almost 10yrs old now.

Edit: a quick google search shows multiple threads discussing this. Doesn’t seem to be an issue.

It'll easily make it to 200k+. I have a 96 F150 with the 4.9L with 166k and fully expect it to last a long, long time.

Absolutely. I am on my 4th F150 company car. I've taken 3 to over 125k in under 4 years. My 2018 I am not so sure will make it due to the clunky 10 speed transmission.

I know it's a completely different platform, but my stepfather ran a 99 with a 5.4 up to 400k miles on the original motor before he sold it about 5 years ago. I still see it around town driving.
I've been in plenty of ford work trucks, new and old that had over 200k on them.

I think any modern vehicle will make it to 200k these days with just basic maintenance.

My 2002 F150 has 179k on it and still runs great. It should last well past 200k.

thumbnail1.jpg

How do you use it? The neighbor owns a landscaping and snow removal business. He could theoretically keep his running to 200k with enough money, but they run them really hard so he rotates his trucks out regularly.

Driving it on the highway 20-50k a year is different than tossing trees in the back, running blades on the front, and pulling a trailer full of equipment behind it non-stop for months. One mode is transportation and requires maintenance like oil and tires. One mode is working which requires extra maintenance like joints, transmission fluid changes, body work, and lots of new brake pads.

My ‘15 has 80k on it. Still feels and drives like new. I’d be pissed if modern vehicles wouldn’t go 200k with what they cost!!!

Reactions: jeepins
My 95 had 360,000 on it when I sold it. The 97 POS company truck I had still made 198k before I made them get rid of it. Last company truck I had, an 11, already had 232k when my butt first hit the seat. Longevity aside, those last two F150s made me miss my 95.

My 99 f-150 with the 4.2 V6 has just a shade under 399,??? And runs great, oil change every 3000 miles.