Ford to ship self-driving cars without steering wheels, brake or gas pedals by 2021

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll keep my TJ forever, but I'll definitely be adding one of these to the stable once they've been released and had the kinks worked out.

I think it would be extremely pleasurable to have my car drive me somewhere, especially when it's something like road trips. I could do so many other things while the car was driving!

I think having the option of having a car do all the work is great, but I'd want to be able to take control and enjoy the ride sometimes too. Long distance road trips would be great with this though. Wouldn't have to worry about falling asleep at the wheel.

I hear ya, it's personal preference. I love driving my TJ, but we have a Prius that we use for commuting (because it gets 50 mpg), and it's so boring to drive, I would LOVE if it drove itself while I just dicked around.

The legalities will take until 2050 to figure out.
Think of all the lost jobs.
What happens to all of the crooked lawyers and chiropractors is there aren't any more wrecks?
Who will they sue?
You? Ford?
TV stations will go broke without all of the "You deserve compensation" commercials.

:)

I've heard mumbles that eventually all cars no matter the year will have to be retrofitted with this driverless car stuff or insurance will be unaffordable by 2035

Too many politics involved with that. Maybe by 2050, but by 2035, that just seems too soon.

I don't doubt that one day it will happen though.