Found random wire, OEM or previous owner add-on?

Jesusestavahere

Supporting Member
Hey everyone!

The other day when I was installing my after market radio, I came across a random Blue with Pink (maybe red) Tracer wire, it wasn’t connected to anything, I figured it might’ve been a leftover Add-on from the PO so I started to pull it out thinking it’ll be tapped or spliced into something unimportant but then I traced it back to a fuse holder thing? (Sorry for the terminology) and where it led to seemed too professionally done, the electrical tape was either from factory or the PO did a good job on it. which didn't make sense since the wire was not properly secured anywhere.

This is the wire as I found it behind my radio...

Wire as I found it behind my stereo

I traced it back and it leads into this fuse holder here, I haven't had time to be able to see if there is voltage running through it, the tape looks (to me) from factory but I found it odd that the wire was not secured. the fuse holder is right above my clutch pedal. Anyone have an idea if this should be connected to anything? Everything, that I know of, works unless its related to the hardtop, PO at some point switched to soft top.

Fuse Holder, Located above Clutch Pedal

Here is a picture of the wire as a whole. I am ok with cutting it if no one thinks its OEM/Factory, I just wanted to make sure before I regretted doing so. The other end of the wire is a thicker gauge wire that leads behind a connecter off to the left of where the fuse holder is. I'm hoping I can upload photos later today.

22BA72E2-88F4-48E0-8F3C-17D22902F119.jpeg

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

My 2000 Sport has two such wires, both factory original, from the cockpit fuse panel. One is rated at 3A and is in parallel with the cig lighter port, so is switched power. The other is rated at 10A and is battery supplied, intended for a CB radio or some such. Get on the bay and find yourself a factory owner manual, which is where I found the info on my setup.

That's heat shrink on those wires, I'd say that was part of aftermarket alarm or cruise control which was removed, those rant factory wires.