Found these unused connectors next to headlights

Dyl

My TJ doesn't have the factory fog lights (in fact I have not seen them on Australian models here). I checked with a multimeter and they get about 10.8v with the engine off and when the low beam is on. Voltage becomes zero with the high beam.

That kind of tells me these must be for fog lamps but then when looked at the fuse box, there's no fuse for the fog lamps location! And also they have 3 wires and the pics I saw online only had +ve and -ve connector wires for fog lamp connectors. So I'm confused. Anyone know what these connectors are for?

IMG_20210808_154433.jpg

IMG_20210808_144352.jpg

They are headlight leveller connectors for Europe, Its so your headlights can be levelled when towing.
I have them on my aussie import harness but no levellers, a few of the UK members have the levellers and a switch inside.

Reactions: Dyl and Succentor
They are headlight leveller connectors for Europe, Its so your headlights can be levelled when towing.
I have them on my aussie import harness but no levellers, a few of the UK members have the levellers and a switch inside.
Does that mean there's a motor or something to move headlights or something? I'm wondering how those connectors can be used to level headlights.

Yes, if you have these (they are compulsory in UK) then there is a motor attached. Mine, amazingly, still work after 20 years of being basically never used.

Reactions: Dyl and SSTJ