• TDK

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other option... explain below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ARawls88

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Mine will eventually need a new frame. Would you go with a takeoff that’s been prepped or say a new TDK?
FB guy has some southern frames he preps with por15/fluid film and wants $2400.
TDK is $3800 raw or $4400 galvanized.

Reactions: Ephry73
I'm researching as well. Budget, needs and future plans are all considered. I want to stretch it, so a prepped frame to my specs is always a plus. Now, a frame completely build to your specs may be better as well. The galvanizing will pay off in the long run for sure, although does it have to be that expensive?

I guess it depends on where you are.

Here in the PNW I can get one for about $500. Granted this is a unprepped frame but I don't know that I'd want to pay a lot more for it unless I was getting a totally custom frame.

If going with a used frame, I'd rather it not be prepped beforehand. Who knows what might be hidden under the Por15.
He gives two options actually. You can buy the frame as it came off the jeep for $1900 or for the extra $500 he will prep it. I supposed a guy could always go and look at it before the prep.

I'm researching as well. Budget, needs and future plans are all considered. I want to stretch it, so a prepped frame to my specs is always a plus. Now, a frame completely build to your specs may be better as well. The galvanizing will pay off in the long run for sure, although does it have to be that expensive?
See I know nothing of what it would cost. Another thing I’m not sure of is if you can paint over the galvanized shit and it stick. Not really sure I’d want to be rolling around with a silver frame lol

When Genright rebuilt their, “Growler,” YJ, they wanted more wheelbase and more uptravel. They chose Throttle Down Kustoms for a customized LJ length frame to slide under the stretched YJ tub.
D4855B42-3CFA-4B87-A0A3-9463D27A6C9D.jpeg
6430E444-9945-41C1-8B99-65A6258EC663.jpeg
E6C920A3-AA0E-4783-B09B-BF98E526EFD9.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Wildman and Ephry73