Free wheel hub kits

jeepndogs

TJ Enthusiast
Well I have hit the point I am done with trying to get rid of my vibration. I am just going to pull the front shaft until I can afford to do a hub kit.

Has anyone done this and recommend a good kit? I am leaning towards the big bolt kit because I have heard it does not increase the track width of the front axel at all.

Anyone using one?

I would go with Blaine too. If I can't fix mine I will have to cause I already have his BBK.

I would be interested in hearing what he has. I didn't see anything on his website. I am pretty much done chasing it,I pulled the front shaft and it's pretty much going to stay that way until I can do the conversion.

Well I have hit the point I am done with trying to get rid of my vibration. I am just going to pull the front shaft until I can afford to do a hub kit.

Has anyone done this and recommend a good kit? I am leaning towards the big bolt kit because I have heard it does not increase the track width of the front axel at all.

Anyone using one?
Didn't we already go over this elsewhere?

I would be interested in hearing what he has. I didn't see anything on his website. I am pretty much done chasing it,I pulled the front shaft and it's pretty much going to stay that way until I can do the conversion.
I don't do hub kits, I make them work with the brake kits.

Reactions: jeepndogs
Yeah, not so much. I can adapt existing or new hub conversions to work with the brake kits but I don't have access to NOS parts any more than anyone else does.

Hmmm, maybe this was a while ago. I heard at one point you had them.

Too bad Warn stopped selling their hub kits and chromoly front axle shafts, it was very high quality stuff. I installed both into my previous TJ after breaking one of my front shafts while out wheeling with Blaine.

Reactions: Chris
Randy ring and pinion ought the Warn rights. The still have every thing you need. I have the last Warn kit released but had to go to Randus for support.

Randy ring and pinion ought the Warn rights. The still have every thing you need. I have the last Warn kit released but had to go to Randus for support.
The toughest part about getting hub kits, hub parts, or hub support is finding someone at Randy's that knows much about them. I called Randy's several years ago looking for Warn hub parts & gave up, no one I talked to knew jack about them. I ended up finding what I needed at Warn who still had some stock of what I needed.

Maybe manual hubs have a purpose with hard-core off-roading but I wouldn't want them. All the 4X4's I've had over the years had the front driveshaft get real cranky from lack of rotation. Constantly spinning with no load keeps them supple. I just did my original 16-year-old front D/S with the Denny's kit and probably could have gone another 5 years. The blue coated splines were pristine! But's it's done now. Marked, disassembled, degreased, glass beaded, primed, painted, and rebuilt with Spicer components.