From 2.5 to 5.3 with full make-over

LS_TJ_Steve

Supporting Member
He are some pictures of my '97 5.3L swap Project. I ended up doing an entire makeover. Still doing more things to it.
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot. I have used the forum quite a bit over the years and have finally joined.

IMG_2927.jpeg

IMG_8273.jpeg

IMG_8358.jpeg

IMG_8365.jpeg

IMG_8367.jpeg

IMG_8402.jpeg

IMG_8417.jpeg

IMG_8476.jpeg

IMG_8509.jpeg

IMG_8561.jpeg

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8554.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8639.jpeg

IMG_8641.jpeg

IMG_2926.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

Very nice build! Like the valve covers, very clean look compared to stock. Where did you get them?

Another question, which motor mounts are those? Those are much better designed than mine. I had to cut mine as they hit my control arms.

Very nicely done. Which cluster did you end up running?

These are the mounts that came with my kit from advanced adapters. They came with a metal tab that was used to place them into the right position.. Yours looks pretty sweet - saw the picks. I should have documented mine like that. I ditched the entire Jeep computer. It was actually way easier to do than I though. (Thanks to alldatadiy) Its a crazy amount of power. Makes me laugh every time I drive.
https://www.advanceadapters.com/products/713092--gm-gen-iii-vortec-engine-mount-kit-without-ac/

Reactions: motomick76
Reactions: Irun
What a let down. I scrolled all the way through the photos you posted hoping that the last one was the video of that V8 purring and a couple of brrrrap's from the skinny pedal. Get on that or as far as we know, it doesn't run...hahahaha.

Clean build!

Reactions: Wildman and 5632
What a let down. I scrolled all the way through the photos you posted hoping that the last one was the video of that V8 purring and a couple of brrrrap's from the skinny pedal. Get on that or as far as we know, it doesn't run...hahahaha.

Clean build!
Be patient.

There are people that think differently but in my opinion you made the greatest choice using an LS.

You also have to consider when some of us did our engine swaps. In 2005 when I did mine a LS engine was the same price or more expensive then a Hemi swap. So at the time the Dodge Magnum V-8 make more sense for a swap.
If I was doing this swap now I would have to look at all 3 choices and really look at which way to go. And yes I agree that the LS has a lot more aftermarket support.

Reactions: Irun and motomick76
These are the mounts that came with my kit from advanced adapters. They came with a metal tab that was used to place them into the right position.. Yours looks pretty sweet - saw the picks. I should have documented mine like that. I ditched the entire Jeep computer. It was actually way easier to do than I though. (Thanks to alldatadiy) Its a crazy amount of power. Makes me laugh every time I drive.
https://www.advanceadapters.com/products/713092--gm-gen-iii-vortec-engine-mount-kit-without-ac/

Thank you. I think it is way better to ditch the Jeep computer, and just run the LS stuff. I should have went with the AA stuff, it is better than my Dave's MM. The power is fun and the sound from LS is amazing!

I wanted to do a full cage like yours, it looks great, but I love my frame-less softop in the summer. Those softops do not play well with aftermarket cages.

It'd be fun if we could get all the V-8 TJ's together for a run sometime. Maybe not 2021 but in 2022 or something and have all of us together for a V-8 group shot and then go run some trails together. Nothing like that exhaust note as you're trying to climb an obstacle. And then we could give the forum members who are thinking about doing a swap a look at how each of us did ours.

It'd be fun if we could get all the V-8 TJ's together for a run sometime. Maybe not 2021 but in 2022 or something and have all of us together for a V-8 group shot and then go run some trails together. Nothing like that exhaust note as you're trying to climb an obstacle. And then we could give the forum members who are thinking about doing a swap a look at how each of us did ours.

I am in!

Reactions: Wildman