From a CJ to a TJ southern Indiana

jdsouther

Hello from Southern Indiana! Had a 79 CJ5 with a I6 for years but sold it many years ago. Never rode in a wrangler TJ until I got a 2006 TJR couple months back. I6 with 42rle trans running 285/65R15 Id have to look again. It had been so long it felt odd at first. Within a hundred miles it felt like a dear old friend. Happy to be jeepin again and with short wheelbase jeeps. Loved my years in a CJ but what an upgrade the TJR is! This forum is a great find with a treasure trove of information and knowledge shared by you fine folks and from the looks of it some of you questionable folks or nuts like me. :) I done been through the wranglerfix thread and many others.

Last edited:
Hello from Southern Indiana! Had a 79 CJ5 with a I6 for years but sold it many years ago. Never rode in a wrangler TJ until I got a 2006 TJR couple months back. I6 with 42rle trans running 285/65R15 Id have to look again. It had been so long it felt odd at first. Within a hundred miles it felt like a dear old friend. Happy to be jeepin again and with short wheelbase jeeps. Loved my years in a CJ but what an upgrade the TJR is! This forum is a great find with a treasure trove of information and knowledge shared by you fine folks and from the looks of it some of you questionable folks or nuts like me. :) I done been through the wranglerfix thread and many others.

Howdy neighbor!

Welcome . I've had a few Cj's many years ago . I sold my last one because driving it was causing severe back pain . The coil springs in our LJ is much easier on my back and I can trail ride all day . :)