Front driveshaft to transfer case bolts

Bryann04TJ

Im installing an SYE KIT and I stripped the bolts for the front driveshaft double cardan that connect to the transfer case. I read online that the P/N is 6036415AA but when I put it next to the older bolt. The new bolt is longer. Are these good? They cost 10 each

20200617_194413.jpg

Im installing an SYE KIT and I stripped the bolts for the front driveshaft double cardan that connect to the transfer case. I read online that the P/N is 6036415AA but when I put it next to the older bolt. The new bolt is longer. Are these good? They cost 10 each

View attachment 170550
Generally that won't matter. You will need to thread one in fully and see if the end sticks out and interferes with any part of the H yoke and limits movement. If that happens, grind off the dog point to within 1thread of the threads.

Reactions: Goatman
Generally that won't matter. You will need to thread one in fully and see if the end sticks out and interferes with any part of the H yoke and limits movement. If that happens, grind off the dog point to within 1thread of the threads.

If that's the case then I can get some way cheaper bolts that are same size but different length and cut off any excess off?

If that's the case then I can get some way cheaper bolts that are same size but different length and cut off any excess off?
You can but I doubt you will find them. The reduced hex flange is key for a bolt in that location due to the clearance issues. They also need to be grade 8 equivalent.