Front droop limits

Akitadog

Willy's Edition
Supporting Member
I noticed that my shock bracket hits the lower arm at full droop. I was wondering if I could cut a little relief at the corner to allow it to go a bit lower without causing some unforeseen issue?
The shock would then be the limiting item, which has about a 1/4" more travel right now.
Would this be problem for the shock then?
20201205_232552_resized.jpg20201205_232628_resized.jpg20201205_232657_resized.jpg

What is your free spring length? Toss a tape in there and make sure you’ll still have spring pressure. If you have the free length for that droop and want the 1/4” more trimming the bracket won’t do any harm. Shock can handle it. Does your opposite side tire bump out right there?

Ah, the springs measure 20.5" and the distance between seats are 20.5".
So with that I'm assuming I should not make anymore seat length without getting longer springs?

Ah, the springs measure 20.5" and the distance between seats are 20.5".
So with that I'm assuming I should not make anymore seat length without getting longer springs?
In a way yes, Currie has the longest travel springs with their 4” front being 22.25” so if you wanted more droop you could swap to those. Basically once the spring is fully extended there isn’t a single reason to try and droop more since it won’t help.

Reactions: Akitadog
ok but whats to keep it off of that spot? the shocks not the droop stop now, the CA into the bracket is.

would 1 want a slightly shorter shock or maybe a limit strap here? or is that a position that'll be rarely visited and ignore it?

ok but whats to keep it off of that spot? the shocks not the droop stop now, the CA into the bracket is.

would 1 want a slightly shorter shock or maybe a limit strap here? or is that a position that'll be rarely visited and ignore it?
Since the spring is free there isn’t much if any down pressure on that tire....I would ignore it. If more travel is wanted and the other side fully bumped out can support it, then I’d go Currie spring, longer shock, and trim the bracket.

Reactions: Akitadog
The amount of droop you get in the garage might not be the amount you get outside. Are you planning to be hanging off rocks large enough to get the axle to full droop? Do you have the other side stuffed like it would be when perched on the obstacle in the trail?

The amount of droop you get in the garage might not be the amount you get outside. Are you planning to be hanging off rocks large enough to get the axle to full droop? Do you have the other side stuffed like it would be when perched on the obstacle in the trail?
Nope, not planning on hanging the front end out. Just see a potential problem to be aware of when out on the trail.
So I'll ignore for now, but keep my eyes on it.
We'll see , might not ever hit the arm and that would be good. And yes it still hits when the other side is stuffed.

Thx