Front end vibration

egclassic

TJ Enthusiast
Ok, I have searched and found a few threads on this issue and some of the possible solutions.
However, I have noticed that while I'm on the accelerator there is a slight vibration on the steering wheel, but as soon as I let off the accelerator, it rolls smooth as silk.
I thought perhaps it might have been the aggressive treads of the mud terrains I had on there up until this week, I replaced the tires and rims and the vibes are exactly the same, no less no worse.
Where to start? Tires I just bought were mounted and balanced by 4wd.com.

We need info on your Jeep and when you notice the vibrations. In 2wd? My first thought is a bad u-joint on the front driveshaft.

Sorry Jerry,
2000 Sport auto, 4.0, 2.5" lift, 32" tires. I've yet to really have it in 4wd so the vibration happens at all speeds while on pavement.
The lift was installed by the PO, actually I have a receipt showing that at least he had it done by a shop, for what its worth.
The vibration is not terrible by no means, but its there nonetheless. Once I let off the throttle, its gone.
When I first got the jeep, it had a bad front end "bounce", for lack of better terms, until it got up to speed. I installed a t-case lowering kit and that part is gone. I'm considering an SYE, but need to save some coin for it.
I have yet to have someone help with doing a front end check, but everything "seems" tight.
The PO gave me receipts that show he had u-joints replaced on front and rear drive shafts in 2016.
I thought about pulling the front and see if it solves the issue.