Front rollbar loop?

kenosha whiz six

TJ Enthusiast
does anyone know of a true front rollbar loop that can be added that actually goes all the way down to the floor?i realize it might cramp some space but i always wonder if the add-on kits that bolt to the doorjamb are efficient enuff? short of an actual cage,the kits just seem like more curtain rods

does anyone know of a true front rollbar loop that can be added that actually goes all the way down to the floor?i realize it might cramp some space but i always wonder if the add-on kits that bolt to the doorjamb are efficient enuff? short of an actual cage,the kits just seem like more curtain rods
i mean more bars look cool but i dont want my headstone sayin'he sure looked cool as his showcage wrapped around him like a tinkertoy bodywrap...'

There is no point, you don't occupy this space in a severe accident. That's why the factory doesn't have a more substantial structure at the window frame.

roll.jpg

i mean more bars look cool but i dont want my headstone sayin'he sure looked cool as his showcage wrapped around him like a tinkertoy bodywrap...'
it seems like the true answer is a custom made unit,which isnt that far fetched really,might as well replace the whole deal i know they have nice aftermarket actual rollcages but the front loop doesnt go to the floor

There is no point, you don't occupy this space in a severe accident. That's why the factory doesn't have a more substantial structure at the window frame.

View attachment 291608
i hear what youre sayin chief, however, defining severe?if i go rolling sideways for any length of time i may encounter a boulder or a tree stump that WILL occupy said space.i think the reason they didnt include a true front loop from the factory is,where to put it?it would either be right there in front of the side speakers/heater vent or would go behind and the speaker/vent would be an over-mount situation.i think the factory didnt want to re-tool the dash(or everything else it woulda took to make an actual cage) but youre right in that general rollovers wouldnt be that diff than a car.

The floor is tin foil, if you want a cage it goes to the frame. Go big or be happy with stock, it works fine.
yes,in fact when i put this imaginary front loop in,i plate-match the understructure necessary to tie it to the frame and do that in the other contact points...yea the floor is tin foil.

The floor is tin foil, if you want a cage it goes to the frame. Go big or be happy with stock, it works fine.
I know nothing about roll cages but I've wondered how that works. Wouldn't connecting it to the frame circumvent the intent of flexible body mounts?