Front rotor rubbing dust shield

Gorilla

So out of the blue my front drivers rotor started rubbing the dust shield. Not sure why or whats causing it.
New pads and rotors were changed two yrs ago. Never any problems.
Has anyone else run into this problem?
I can see two rub marks at the bottom of the shield. The rotor looks like its getting a slight groove from the wearing.
Havent done any wheeling, no rocks between rotor & shield either.
20190608_174529.jpg
20190608_174548.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

It doesnt appear bent though. Looks straight. Do you think it can be warped from heat & I cant see the bend?
When I turn the rotor it looks like its wobbling a lil as there are only two keepers on the studs(with pads pulled off).

It doesnt appear bent though. Looks straight. Do you think it can be warped from heat & I cant see the bend?
When I turn the rotor it looks like its wobbling a lil as there are only two keepers on the studs(with pads pulled off).

If it was warped from heat you'd be seeing much bigger problems. I'd just bend it so it doesn't rub.

What do you mean by keepers? Upload a picture?

Well I found the bend in it. You were right. I overlooked it. It looked straight to me. Then saw the bend inward at the 6 oclock position. Its nice and flat now. I tapped the bare spots and that helped alot. It was confusing was I thought those bulges, where the wear points are, were stamped that way from the factory.
Either way all set and back together. Much thanks!

P.s. by keepers I was referring to rings that look similar to this.

I'm pretty sure those "keepers" were only installed at the factory to keep those rotors from falling off until the wheels are installed and they never stopped any rotor from ever wobbling. If I'm wrong, I'm totally sure we'll hear about it soon.

I'm pretty sure those "keepers" were only installed at the factory to keep those rotors from falling off until the wheels are installed and they never stopped any rotor from ever wobbling. If I'm wrong, I'm totally sure we'll hear about it soon.

This is correct. Remove them and don't replace.

Reactions: mikespine