Front speaker adjustment bezel

02SteelBlue

TJ Enthusiast
The front speakers in our TJs are pointed down and toward the door.
I did some Googling and saw some adjustment brackets that I believe change the angle of the speaker, think the items were on Ebay. Has anyone tried them?

I know our TJs arent great on audio for a variety of reasons, but this should help some, right?

I'm taking machinist classes and my instructor said we could make them for my Jeep, but I'm just wondering if it's worth the time.

Any input is appreciated.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
Mind if I ask what didnt work? Did the screw holes line up, did the grille not fit back on, etc.?
When I tried to install even without the speaker the bracket had to be bent fairly far because it was hitting the metal part of the dash. I'll send them to you for cost of shipping if you want to give them a try.

IMG_6393.jpeg

Stupid question...did you try swapping left to right to see if they fit that way?

To OP. I think getting those tweeter and bracket sets that point the tweeter above the dash and right towards you would be the best. High frequency sounds are much more directional than mids. And the low frequency isn't directional to our ears at all. At least so claims the "experts".

...did you try swapping left to right to see if they fit that way?
Yes. As you can see the top and bottom mounting tabs are offset, it I had them swapped left to right the speaker and bracket would have stuck out too far and the factory speaker bezel would not have been able to be mounted.

The front speakers in our TJs are pointed down and toward the door.
I did some Googling and saw some adjustment brackets that I believe change the angle of the speaker, think the items were on Ebay. Has anyone tried them?

I know our TJs arent great on audio for a variety of reasons, but this should help some, right?

I'm taking machinist classes and my instructor said we could make them for my Jeep, but I'm just wondering if it's worth the time.

Any input is appreciated.
Kind of late to this but I did some trimming and used these to upgrade to 4" speakers in the dash and thought it made a world of difference in the sound quality.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009DHE462/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I used the Innovated Design brackets (ebay special) to mount Polk DB522 in my 2005 LJ. Does it make difference, can’t really say but you need a bracket to use 5.25 speakers anyway so why not.

C1FF159C-98FD-4E22-A89D-4A9881085DB3.jpeg

It may be. If you are making them can probably play with angles some. Anything that isn’t toward door or floor can’t hurt.

Reactions: 02SteelBlue