Front speakers not getting power

Morcerfusmc

Hello everyone i just purchased new speakers for the sound bar and the dash. The sound bars works fine but the dash speakers do not have any power going to them. i don't really know where to start looking does anybody have any ideas? i only see a fuse for the subwoofer. Thanks

No to sound stupid but first check you audio controls and make sure the balance isn't to the rear. After that I would use a tester and make sure power is running to the speakers and find where it's cut off. Good thing it's the fronts bc it's just a short run of wire and should be easy to find. A fuse would have nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Morcerfusmc
No to sound stupid but first check you audio controls and make sure the balance isn't to the rear. After that I would use a tester and make sure power is running to the speakers and find where it's cut off. Good thing it's the fronts bc it's just a short run of wire and should be easy to find. A fuse would have nothing to do with it.

yeah i checked the balance and it's neutral to the front and back and there isn't 12 volts going to either side of the front speakers

No wires connected at all?

there is not any power going to here. does this connect into the head unit? because it seems that all of those wires are secure

image.jpg

The Balance control only affects the L-R balance, it is the Fader control that affects the F-R balance. Make sure the Fader control is set full-front to verify that the front speakers do or do not work.

If the front speakers still don't work with the Fader in its full front-position, reverse the F/R wiring... connect the rear speaker wiring which we know works to the front speakers and see what happens then. Isolate it to the radio or the speakers/wiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58