Front Speakers: What am I missing here?

That's why my only solution was to add tweeter pods to the a-pillars to get the speakers on axis. Once I can save some more money I want to eliminate that 5.25" and add a 2.5" mid to the a-pillar on top of the 1" tweeter.

Any other suggestions you would throw out there?
That’s a pretty cool idea. I’m just thinking that if i where to go the route to run the 5.25 speakers off amps I would no longer be using the stereo output. I know the radio is only rated for 22 rms. My idea would be to use those outputs to run the tweeters
On the pillars so there not going to waist

Reactions: skrelnik
Add a self powered subwoofer, you’ll be amazed at the overall volume improvement you get by dedicating the lowest frequencies to an outboard speaker.

I have the BOSS version of this: https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-plbass8-8-low-profile-amplified-car-subwoofer--267-7178
fitted under the back seat and it really helps the low end.
Yes!! I added one beginning of last year (Rockford Fosgate PS-8) and it seriously improved the music experience. I'm not one to crank up the bass, but if you wanted too you could rattle some windows.

The Polks work great. Crutchfield also has a little molded enclosure that holds them and just barely fits into the space. I stuffed mine with poly fill. You get a bit more forward firing sound with the enclosures, free air speakers (infinite baffle) waste a lot of sound out the back. I put the same polks into my sound bar, also after stuffing it. Makes a lot of nice high and mid sound, zero bass. For that you need a sub of some sort with an amp and crossover. I put mine under the drivers seat firing up, gives a good massage when turned up.the drivers seat is raised.

Reactions: skrelnik
Keep us posted.
I just got them and installed. I can’t really tell a difference. They may be slightly louder but not by much. I got the open box ones from amazon so I got $6 worth of amplification. I guess an actual amp is what I need to be able to hear those dash speakers.

What size is in the overhead sound bar in an 02? I thought 5.25, but the kits I am seeing online indicate that they are 6.5 inch. I am sure they are right, just want someone to confirm.

@azroc909, how did those kickers turn out for you? that Looks like what comes in the package i am looking at.

thanks.

Add a self powered subwoofer, you’ll be amazed at the overall volume improvement you get by dedicating the lowest frequencies to an outboard speaker.

I have the BOSS version of this: https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-plbass8-8-low-profile-amplified-car-subwoofer--267-7178
fitted under the back seat and it really helps the low end.

Any photos of this installation by chance? I am trying to do the same thing with a Rockville 8" compact powered subwoofer, but as far as I can see, there is less than 2.5" of clearance under the back seat.