Front Sway bars

DRT BG

A16C31BE-5E5F-433D-AEB3-D13324E19D54.jpeg
Installed sway bar links that came with a 4 inch Nitro lift. Sway bar links are angled. Is this normal? Not a great picture angle. I will try and get a better shot.

Last edited:
If the new sway bar links does not have any off set, yes it is normal. At least mines have that slight angle too.
One thing you can do is measure the distance between the frame and the Sway bar end on both sides to be sure it is equal. if it is, just call the day and enjoy your new lift.

Reactions: DRT BG
Your photo only clearly shows one of the two antiswaybar links, that shackle is blocking the driver's side link. Are they both angled in the same direction?

. . . One thing you can do is measure the distance between the frame and the Sway bar end on both sides to be sure it is equal. if it is, just call the day and enjoy your new lift.

To follow up on Jorge's post, if the angles of the anti-sway bar links are not equal, measure to be sure that your axle is centered under the frame. If not, you may need to adjust your track bar.

Googling "jeep tj wrangler centering axle when adjusting track bar" will lead you to several threads on this and other forums that may be helpful.

Thanks for the replies. Here are a few better shots of it. They both angle in toward the center the same amount. The only reason why I even asked the question is because a friend of mine has a YJ and mentioned something to me about it along the lines of “hey man your bars ain’t straight”. I tend to think his set up is completely different due to what looks like to be a different geometric set up underneath. But then again this is my first Jeep. Thought I would ask.

8D6308D2-3C93-49E7-932E-C4BEB4706B23.jpeg

7B2453C5-303C-4222-A0C0-F13CA15E0F41.jpeg

87BA2E74-715A-4FB9-BF51-4E60858BF6A2.jpeg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Thanks for the added photos, their angles confirm it's not an axle centering issue and it all appears normal. Your axle appears to be a little off-center due to the suspension lift but that's not a huge issue. An adjustable length track bar would fix that. The same would be true in the rear if there's no rear adjustable track bar or trackbar relocation bracket installed. :)

Thanks for the replies. Here are a few better shots of it. They both angle in toward the center the same amount. The only reason why I even asked the question is because a friend of mine has a YJ and mentioned something to me about it along the lines of “hey man your bars ain’t straight”. I tend to think his set up is completely different due to what looks like to be a different geometric set up underneath. But then again this is my first Jeep. Thought I would ask.

Thanks for the new pictures. Definitely helps.
If memory does not fail when I do install my Quick Disconnects the OEM Sway bar links look like this.
upload_2018-7-5_13-47-24.png

The new Quick discos has a bracket that allows the miss align compensating the OEM offset you saw on the first picture. But this links are designed like this to help you easily remove them from the pin.

upload_2018-7-5_13-50-43.png

As I saw both lower ends of the sway bar pointing toward the tire and this tell me that is no centering axle issues to look at it. BTW, If you pay another look you will notice the offset on the new links, only it is that instead been bent on the rod is on the way the rod is weld to the bushing housing.

upload_2018-7-5_14-0-55.png

Reactions: DRT BG and dla
Those look to be either BDS or Zone endlinks and they do in fact have an offset built in.

endlinks.jpg